- Bean There, Done That achievement now checks the totem count correctly
- A stray water sound effect east of castle wars has been removed.
- Fixed an issue where Ice fiends killed on Ice mountain were not counted towards slayer assignments.
- Boosting your Slayer level to kill NPCs above your base level now awards the correct amount of Slayer XP while on task.
- Metallic Dragon trinkets now correctly note reinforced dragon bones after killing elite rune dragons.
- Ironmen can no longer obtain another players summoning scrolls by killing their familiar in the wilderness.
- Mazcha will now suggest you obtain a task from Laniakea if your slayer and combat level is appropriate to do so.
- Fixed an issue where Heated Tea Flasks were being consumed when used on a Co-op slayer partner.
- The Puncture bleed applied when using the Mutated Dazing shot ability is now cleared reliably. This change will effect the likes of the reflect mechanic on phase 2 of the Vorago encounter.
- Tuskas wrath will now deal the extra damage to Kal'gerion Demons inside of Elite Dungeon 3 whilst on the correct slayer task.
- The Jungle Demon, during the Monkey Madness quest will now deal damage through Protect from magic prayers.
- Twin Furies will now show debuffs applied to them.
- Corrected the full slayer helmet tier 4 defence requirement in the slayer rewards shop to match its level
- The Mysterious Clue Scroll from A Void Dance can now be used to dig with the player's spade on the their tool belt.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't claim their clue scroll from the Ava's Alerter when clue scrolls were toggled off in settings.
- A clue scroll leading to the Desert Quarry has been updated to reflect changes made in the Mining & Smithing rework.
- Improved the way text and models are rendered on mobile devices.
- Adds the ability for web shop detail to be rendered in game.
- Fixed inputs on mobile devices sometimes incorrectly occurring at the previously tapped location.
- Fixed Command key modifier for Mac OS.
- A Engine side change has been made to improve puzzle box behaviour. We've made improvements to font rendering
- Players can no longer walk inside a rock in Sophanem slayer dungeon
- Seren during Desperate Times now has the correct graphic icon
- A safe spot when fighting Nightmare creatures has been removed.
- The Greyscale filter will now correctly change things into greyscale
- The Artefact in the King Black Dragon's lair was missing blocking. This has now been added.
- We have made some changes to the 'Vial my Herbs' reward from Livid Farm:
- 1. The various juju herbs to will now work correctly when using the reward.
- 2. The reward will now recognize Arbuck & Bloodweed.
- 3. Fellstalk will now work correctly when using the reward.
- Added more access to the Sextant during The Path of Glouphrie
- The Supreme Commander will no longer refer to Veldaban as being dead after he steps down as king in Birthright of the Dwarves
- Ivy Sophista will no longer talk about the events of While Guthix Sleeps if the player has not started the quest.
- During 'The Needle Skips' quest you will now correctly unlock the memory fragment 'A second chance' when using the keyword 'Megan'
- The empty throne room is no longer listed as a reward from The Dig Site quest, as this is no longer required to access the room.
- Samid's gloves now activate correctly when training divination and invention.
- Jumping over the bridge in Gu'Tanoth will now only ask for coins once!
- Can now chop down trees in Miscellania whilst having the Dwarven chainaxe in the players inventory.
- The furnace at Tyras Camp can now be used smelt items
- You can now add Dungeoneering Pickaxes to your Toolbelt even if you don't have the required Mining level for them.
- A second guard has been added to the south side of the Anachronia Base Camp that can deal with all your agility needs.
- Added a toggle in the settings menu to turn strength xp on or off for barbarian bare-hand fishing
- Fixed a typo with the Summer Escape interface showing a weekend event during the week.
- Thakkrad Sigmundson has finally heard about the Mining and Smithing rework; at the end of the Fremennik Isles quest, he now says that you can mine drakolith beyond the north-east bridge, instead of runite.
- Fixed an issue that would cause dialogue to show in the chat log without a player's name when logging in near an Evil tree
- Auto-Sanctifier unlock description now correctly displays as holding 50 charges instead of 10.
- Added members icon next to pure essence in the Mining skill guide.
- A grammatical inconsistency within the Dungeoneering skill guide has been resolved.
- A grammatical error when a Seren Spirit disappears has been resolved.
- Updated Geyser titan dialogue to reference geodes instead of gems.
- Shop interfaces no longer close if you have less than 3 inventory spaces left and have never seen the full inventory popup.
- Clan Chat Job titles will once again now update the Clan Chat player list when the alphabetical position changes with display name.
- Removed the Player owned port enhancer from the hidden Temple of Aminishi trunk.
- Camera shake can now be disabled in the Game Interaction section of gameplay general settings.
- Early Game Experience
- Prayer interface (9:45): filter to show prayers that you meet the requirements for (level/quests), quick prayer setup (as is), max prayer points button that shows currently active prayers and their stats!
- Achievement tracker (17:45): now tracks quests (that are active), mini games, D&D, daily challenges, track xp in skills, slayer counter. If nothing tracked it will show the path system. Become similar to other games objectives tabs.
- Everyone gets 3 additional action bar slots available.
- There will not be an additional action bar displayed on screen.
- Reminder: (De)buff bars will be changing. Resizable, up to 50, dynamically updating.
- F2P getting more daily challenges (5 like P2P)
- New basic abilities have been added for new players (Weaker versions of existing) to make more complete rotations.
- Eat food button added.
- Burthorpe and Taverley split apart (34:20). In general more themed. Bring back some of the themes of the old Burhtorpe, Burthorpe soldiers running training exercises.
- Many many new paths. Sets for Burthorpe, Lumbridge, and other large pieces of content. Potential to have more new paths in the future.
- Ashdale tutorial completely removed. Gudrick moved to Port Sarim.
- Combat tutorial now apart of the Burthorpe path. Blood Pact quest streamlined as a result.
- Focus on the first few hours of gameplay after about the first 12 minutes has been reworked numerous times (tutorial island).
- Why a focus on the new player experience?
- Arvīds L
- Brock H
- Darren L
- Logan H
- Tom V
Listener Questions and Discussions
Audio Question from The RRMan
Question from Tyco
This week we have the prestigious Clan Cup, which has brought the thirst of blood to all clans in Runescape. Or at least it should have been all clans. Surprisingly I noticed that there is a lack of activity around Big Game Hunter, despite 70% of all RS players being in a clan. This made me think what could be the cause, and noticed that if you do not follow any type of social media or read the RS website, this update is pretty much hidden. Earlier this year with the Mining & Smithing Rework we saw Jagex go far and wide with announcing the update, maybe too far as their customer support got a lot of noise complains about fanatics in the Grand Exchange. My first question is: What do you think about the announcement of Clan Cup and are there anything you would change in terms of grabbing the players' attention?
My second question is about Mod Lee, who sadly will be leaving us this friday. Throughout his career he has engaged many players in all minigames Runescape has to offer, hosted boss masses where noobs and elitists could attend, and come up with creative activities that made the gameplay more fun when attending. With him gone an empty hole will be left behind for those who attended and/or watched his stream. Do you think that Jagex should hire a new moderator as an event organizer, continuing the work Lee left behind him, or do you think that events in Runescape should be strictly be left to the community? I personally attended a few events and noticed that a wide range of personalities gathered around them, people I wouldn't have met in a clan with like-minded people or who don't play in my homeworld.
Looking forward to hear your answers and see you this weekend.
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- August Skill of the Month Competitions: Farming and Crafting
- Achievements of the Week
- Jamandy52 - 120 Crafting, August 21, 2019
- Di_anima - 99 Herblore, August 21, 2019
- Pouncing - 99 Runecrafting, August 21, 2019
- Schnetts - 99 Fletching, August 21, 2019
- Rippeth - 99 Thieving, August 20, 2019
- Zacmasta - 99 Hunter, August 20, 2019
- Dour_matt - 99 Dungeoneering, August 19, 2019
- Nl_nightmare - 99 Defence, August 18, 2019
- Nl_nightmare - 99 Strength, August 18, 2019
- Nl_nightmare - 99 Magic, August 18, 2019
- Jammy_jenni - 99 Constitution, August 17, 2019
- Lady_klaw - 120 Invention, August 16, 2019
- State_bird - 99 Firemaking, August 15, 2019
- Merovech - 99 Fletching, August 15, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Arvīds L
- Brock H
- Darren L
- Logan H
- Sean H
- Tom V
- Zachary K
- Episode Title: BYOB - Bring Your Own Bugs
- Teaser: Sigils are reworked to be abilities but stuff happened. We detail the Clan Cup and give thoughts on its new format. Plus a discussion on new players and a different way of balancing the game.
- Recorded Date: August 22, 2019
- Release Date: August 23, 2019
- Hosts: Shane and Tanis
- Duration: 1:56:36
- Editing Notes: Beagle alert