- The globetrotter outfit now teleports you directly to a certain underground clue if you have completed Dig Site quest, not just to the winch.
- The player character will no longer sink into the ground around the site
- The winches on the surface now properly match up with the relative positions of the caves below.
- There is now a tool cupboard in the exam centre to replace any tools students or workmen might have misplaced.
- The Dig Site quest has also been improved:
- Hint boxes have been added to the quest.
- Digging spots can now just be clicked on (no more "Use tool on soil" with a tiny click zone).
- All hand-ins are now handled via left click interactions (no need to "Use item on NPC", though these still work).
- The role of the curator has been replaced with a new NPC - Seth Minas - to keep students on-site throughout the quest.
- Cups of tea will now spawn in one of the new buildings in this area.
- You can now carry multiple panning trays and fill them all up before having to check them.
- If you try to pan with only full panning trays in your inventory, you will automatically check and empty one of your full panning trays first.
- Pickpocketing is now the default option (for members) on Varrock Dig Site workmen.
- The components of the chemical compound used in the quest can now all be found in the caves to better make use of this area.
- Ammonium nitrate and nitroglycerine are now identified on pickup, and do not have to be taken to archaeological expert Terry Balando (though he is still able to identify any unidentified items you might still have lying around).
- Leather boots and gloves are no longer required to dig at archaeological grids. You will still need the relevant qualification and tools.
- Examiners will now provide the appropriate tools for each qualification, in an attempt to reduce theft on-site.
- The Dig Site quest journal has been updated to reflect the changes made to the area.
- In September last year, we partnered with rs.wiki to bring you all the information you could possibly need about the world of RuneScape. Today is the next big step in that partnership.
- We’re very excited to announce that all 45,577 articles on the RuneScape Wiki can now be searched from within the game.
- How to Search the Wiki: Open Chat; type: /wiki [search term] Press Enter
- Double Daily Keys
- Vic the Trader Update
- Woodcutting outfit being added and time extended to June 2
- Elite Skilling Outfits: woodcutting, hunter
- Mining is most common skilling pet for 2019 followed by Constitution and Farming
- 1.3 trillion gp traded on GE from March to April
- Someone has 5b xp and is not maxed because they have 98 Hunter
- 1080 is the highest # of slayer tasks done so far this year
- 63 ripper demon tasks completed so far by someone, abby demons 271, 232 edimu, 7 cow task, 109 gemstone dragon task
- 198m xp dry thieving pet, hunter 186m dry,194m dry dungeoneering, 185 dry on runecrafting
- Boss kill time ambassador group 64 sec, yakamaru 3 minutes 14 secs, rots 4.8 secs, 2 people have killed grador in 1 tick, 3mins 24 secs for telos, QBD 36 secs, 7 minutes 18 secs on solak
- Would like to even out bank space to 100 ftp and 500 for members
- Meta searching not in the rework
- Bank interface still work in progress
- Placeholders look good 15 bank tabs
- Arvīds L
- Brock H
- Daren L
- Logan H
- Tom V
Listener Questions and Discussions
@shane @tanis you never mention on the podcast, but what are you currently working on in rs?
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Takis_fuego - 99 Divination, May 22, 2019
- Twiztidsoul - 99 Farming, May 22, 2019
- Day_dreamer - 99 Cooking, May 22, 2019
- Magicking - 99 Hunter, May 22, 2019
- Drro - 99 Hitpoints, May 20, 2019
- Twiztidsoul - 99 Strength, May 19, 2019
- Wolffi - 120 Slayer, May 18, 2019
- Questcaping - 99 Dungeoneering, May 17, 2019
- Takis_fuego - 99 Runecrafting, May 17, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Arvīds L
- Brock H
- Daren L
- Jason R
- Logan H
- Sean H
- Shane F
- Tom V
- Zachary K
- Episode Title: The Phantom Shane
- Teaser: We examine the area rework of the digsite and look deeper into the wiki integration. We also speculate on the big summer reveal, before having some fun with numbers from the data livestream. Finally, we have a surprise pick of the week for Shane.
- Recorded Date: May 23, 2019
- Release Date: May 24, 2019
- Hosts: Tanis and Cireon
- Duration: 1:52:26
- Editing Notes: None