- Graphic cutscenes
- Setting up with the council and the farm
- An alternate plan: Sleep
- The Needle and Temporal instabilities
- Seeking Help from Charos’ help to subdue the Needle’s defences
- Meeting Charos, he knew what we were going to do
- Finding the keys
- The puzzle
- Building and using Charos’ device
- Inside the Needle
- Uh oh
- Final graphic cutscene
- Where do we go from here?
- For the oldest clans in the game they'd show a clan creation date of 1st January 1970, we're pretty sure they're not that old so we've fixed this by setting any clans in this state to 12th April 2011 (the day Clan Chat released)
- Clan members should no longer trigger a "has been in the clan for 0 years!" broadcast
- When viewing a Clan's info via Guest Clan Chat it will no longer always mention January as their creation month.
- Clan Chat Job titles will now update the Clan Chat player list when alphabetical position changes with display name.
- Players who were part way through the Cabin Fever quest at the point where they'd already added 6 plunder to their plunder chest will now once again be able to continue and complete the quest. We made a change some time ago to only use 5 plunder, down from the original 6. Anyone who'd already stored 6 plunder and stopped the quest will have found themselves unable to continue, despite the chest being full. This has been rectified.
- Glout has gotten tired standing up all weekend, and can no longer hold up the illusion that he is Glouph. He's surprised the world guardian did not notice who he was impersonating and try to arrest him.
- A piece of Sir Amik dialog with King Roald was missing and he was rather stone faced in the quest. This will be patched in next week.
- The graphic novel cut scenes are quite simple to make compared to standard cut scenes.
- There will be non-quest updates that continue the story.
- Link to YouTube video containing voice acted missing scenes.
- Kerapac voice samples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJC-Gk2NeJw&feature=youtu.be&t=1938 (50 seconds, until 4)
- There was no secret combination to make everything work.
- The vision of killing Guthix wasn’t you killing Guthix. You weren’t travelling in time, you were using the Needle to see the path. The actions in this quest don’t cause Guthix to die. Actions in past quests may have lead to Guthix’s death.
- About 8 weeks dev time on the quest. More planning time prior.
- Kerapac wasn’t aiming to steal the power of the Needle. He was wanting to break its influence on him with Charos’ Device.
- Xau-Tak: His plans have been halted with the death of the Ambassador. The storyline has been resolved.
- King Roald’s Farmers’ Guild comment: A loose alliance of Farmers.
- Strategy: Not talk about all the upcoming planned content.
- There’s a lot happening, hype is building internally, Jagex is being careful to talk about something that may or may not happen.
- Over the last few years “the tone of RuneScape” has been lost as the quests transitioned to “epic fantasy”. Pieces of Hate hit this tone on the right spot.
- There was a discussion about how the Elder Gods should be appeased. What if putting on a musical would appease them? Ultimately a more serious route was chosen.
- Why was Reldo decided to be Charos? Everyone needed to have interacted with. Needed to be someone who was in a position of influence and authority.
- Why did Charos continue to disguise himself in Dimension of Disaster? If he revealed himself to be a master illusionist then Zemereagal would’ve imprisoned him.
- The opinions and thoughts on this are so passionate that it’s hard to meet in the middle. Dev work has to start now.
- All music tracks will unlock at the start of boss fights.
- Add Salty, Sandy, and EEIEOU to trim.
- Making the minimal number of changes: Goal of this design.
- Mod Jack has ideas of how Reaper should be handled in the future.
- Achievement should be one of the simplest of things in the game. If people have numerous achievement states that can’t be recognized, that’s a problem.
- The structure of the original rework would be perceived as complex and needed to be fixed.
- On milestones, Mod Jack says that the milestones were an update that Jagex brought on themselves and no one asked for it.
- There will be more opportunities for achievements this year.
- The team in charge of the comp rework hasn’t been producing other content while working on this. Hence the push for a start on work.
- As a standard procedure, will not be using grace periods.
- “There’s a question of how much standing around in a dead mini game is a good idea.” — Mod Jack
- If designed today the Castle Wars achievement wouldn’t be there.
- Brock H
- Logan H
- Tom V
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Sunset Fish
What is a element from a different MMORPG you wouldn't mind Runescape implementing?
For me I always liked the idea of a marriage system like Phoenix Dynasty Online where if both you and your partner were online at the same time you get a xp bonus.
Plus matching titles is cute.
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Ytse - 99 Ranged, May 12, 2019
- Kebabthief - 120 Slayer, May 11, 2019
- Thelion - 120 Summoning, May 11, 2019
- Truly_a_weeb - 99 Herblore, May 11, 2019
- Zookeeper53 - 99 Agility, May 11, 2019
- Lord_dustea - 120 Farming, May 10, 2019
- Captainmeta4 - 99 Invention, May 10, 2019
- Revcity - 99 Firemaking, May 10, 2019
- Curt1s - 99 Thieving, May 10, 2019
- Saxspieler - 99 Firemaking, May 10, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Brock H
- Jason R
- Logan H
- Sean H
- Shane F
- Tom V
- Zachary K
- Episode Title: Desperate Times and Simple Designs
- Teaser: The first in the new Elder Gods storyline is here and we give it the RSBANDBUpdate! quest treatment. Plus two simple designs for the comp cape and bank rework that have players talking. Is it for better or worse? We have the answers.
- Recorded Date: May 16, 2019
- Release Date: May 17, 2019
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Diana
- Duration: 2:00:16
- Editing Notes: None