- There is now a setting to adjust zoom sensitivity in Game Interaction options.
- There is a new camera mode - "Freedom Classic" which combines the zoom and angle range of Freedom with the movement of Classic.
- Added duo loot tables across all three elite dungeons.
- Buffed the base loot of Temple of Aminishi on trio mode.
- Buffed the based loot value of all bosses inside the Shadow Reef, most noticeably the Ambassador.
- Added several rare high value drops to the non boss creatures and lucky charm in the Shadow Reef.
- Buffed the loot slightly of the elite chest and added a 1/15 chance to receive an 'ultra' elite chest that contains addition loot.
- Overcharged rings of death can now be worn via the action bar.
- The Pyromaniac perk will now once again correctly give XP for all logs burned when it triggers.
- Prevented bushy magic beans attempting and failing to grow wishing well bushes.
- Fixed Hoardstalker ring not teleporting to multiple locations, despite having the required level.
- The Arc journal can once again be used to teleport to Port Sarim before unlocking the Arc teletabs.
- Progress must be made on the project. Controversial things will wait (where will Reaper go?) but things that are solid such as customizing benefits are being started on.
- Choosing what achievements or requirements are on each tier is relatively simple in-game.
- Some confusion regarding stats: total stats in the design document for the rework is lower than what you can get now, figuring out how to get parity (where the capes stats equal current comp) with current capes is the work going forward. It will not be a nerf.
- In general anyone who has comp enjoys the process otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it. The goal is to make the process easier to see, not necessarily making the actual process easier.
- Names: Labelling, calling it T1, T2, T3 is confusing (Mod Breezy~~) and is a working name. Comp cape, true comp cape, insane comp cape.
- Best way to think of the rework: adding a new tier to make certain requirements easier and provide a new challenge. As well as adding sub-types to the comp process that should be milestones along the way to provide clearer goals. Making it more clear to see what parts of the game the content actually lies in.
- Smithing > Mining > Comp Cape rework in terms of complexity.
- Lots of different groups who all want something different. They think that their fix should be the comp cape rework and ship that. i.e. remove reaper or add 5.4b for insane comp.
- 504 people with 5.4b (200m xp all right now).
- Listen to everyone’s opinions and finding a middle ground.
- 1,100 people with 1k Telos, 18 people with 4k Telos.
- Combining the 5.4b crowd with 4k Telos people means that very few people would be able to get insane comp since the pool is limited for both.
- Reaper: It’s the comp cape so you should be required to do everything OR the play style behind comp pre-dates EOC and difficult bossing.
- Post-EOC bosses were made with the intention of being difficult.
- Maybe: Add a story mode to future bosses. This seems to be the long term solution to the problem of difficult bossing.
- Polling doesn’t solve the problem. Non-compers will vote to make things easier. Compers are more inclined to prefer the status quo because they’ve done it and feel everyone should.
- Polling won’t solve this.
- Stone spirits: A design that’s not fit to show anyone but it is being worked on. Looking into analytics on stone spirits to see where they’re coming from. Make them more convenient to use. Have ores auto sent to bank.
- Comp cape graphical designs: https://youtu.be/bI638h-o_No?t=1838
- Skilling, combat, lore (t3), comp cape
- Tier evolution: https://youtu.be/bI638h-o_No?t=2329 (Skilling - Comp - Combat)
- If you don’t like any of these designs, max, comp, and trim will still be obtainable as legacy items with the old requirements PRE or POST rework.
- Brock H
- Tom V
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Sunset Fish
What is a embarrassing moment from your Runescape past?
I still look back on this and cringe but I'll share too.
I remember bankstanding trying to buy a Blurberry Special (think it was for a quest, before the Grand Exchange)
But I read it as "blueberry" So I stood in a bank spamming "buying blueberry special" for at least 30 minutes before someone corrected me.
*had to world hop out of shame
What about you 2? open up now
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Codedninja - 99 Crafting, April 17, 2019
- Xenon_ray - 200m Strength XP, April 16, 2019
- Cava_leiro - 120 Dungeoneering, April 16, 2019
- Nogard210 - 99 Farming, April 16, 2019
- Gylefleur - 99 Invention, April 15, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Invention, April 15, 2019
- Blindman0122 - 99 Crafting, April 14, 2019
- Codedninja - 99 Farming, April 14, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Attack, April 14, 2019
- Blindman0122 - 99 Runecrafting, April 13, 2019
- Jaguar_007 - 99 Divination, April 13, 2019
- Blindman0122 - 99 Hunter, April 12, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Brock H
- Fernando C
- Jason R
- Shane F
- Tom V
- Zachary K
- Episode Title: Welcome to the Third Dimension
- Teaser: We run through the Guilded Eggstravaganza, PvM costs, and the comp cape rework is discussed yet again. We talk about the live stream, the new artwork, and comp from a PvM perspective. Plus details on the new Xbox One S and more Facebook shenanigans.
- Recorded Date: April 18, 2019
- Release Date: April 19, 2019
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and David
- Duration: 2:15:00
- Editing Notes: Discord server hop pause