- The special attack from nightmare creatures will no longer deal damage after the NPC has died.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't collect ushabti souls or complete Slayer Contracts while on a Mandrith Wilderness Task.
- Gargoyle slayer masks no longer allow the player to teleport into Kuradal's dungeon when on one of Mandrith's Slayer tasks.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to build PoH in a way that would make PoH inaccessible.
- It is no longer possible to manipulate a worn item and its minimenu to access teleports that would otherwise be locked behind requirements or equipment.
- Due to the way in which the mechanics of the Wishing Well worked, it rapidly devalued the materials in which it was producing which had a negative feedback loop on the price of the items. The more items you got from the fruit, the cheaper they become which meant that you would get more of them. This was unsustainable and caused economy issues like being able to sell items from the fruit for more than the value assigned from the fruit. The market was flooded with those items and it caused a lot of critical design and balancing issues. Removing the Wishing Well seeds, which only held a value of 1gp, and the crop itself was the best solution to this - we may revisit mechanics like this in the future but that isn't a promise.
- Planted wishing well bushes have been removed and XP awarded for any fully grown unchecked ones. Seeds have been removed and players have been reimbursed at a rate of 1gp per seed, while reimbursements for fruits matches the value put in.
- Brock H
- Tom V
- Zach K
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Tyco
On this day of recording, new changes has been made to the Comp design document to make it both clearer and straight-forward for players what Jagex is aiming for. We have previously with updates presented by Jagex being influensed by players. While I love how the developers take the feedback and opinions of players (I have myself given my fair share of constructive feedback and even had dialogue written for the Lorehound pet) I sometimes find that Jagex is afraid from hurting the players. My question today is: If you were to use one sentence as a thumb-rule to when to decide for yourself and when to listen to the public, what would that be? And as a bonus question, we often hear the path to success but not often on how to come back from a failure. If you imagine yourselves making a huge mistake that hurts a number of people close to you (co-workers and/or relatives) how would you recover from that?
Keep on the long podcasts and go for that 2-hour episodes. Tyco elf of the Nordic Land
Question from Cireon
With the mining & smithing rework, the locations of the ores were added to the world map when you hover over a mining site icon. Recently the fairy ring codes were also added when hovering over the brand new fairy ring icons in the world map. What information do you think Jagex should add next to the world map?
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Rolladude540 - 99 Cooking, April 9, 2019
- Blindman0122 - 99 Construction, April 9, 2019
- Archrys - 120 Defence, April 8, 2019
- Tanis79 - 120 Constitution, April 5, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Runecrafting, April 5, 2019
- Captainmeta4 - 99 Firemaking, April 5, 2019
- Captainmeta4 - 99 Woodcutting, April 4, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Strength, April 4, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Slayer, April 4, 2019
- Prodigalgazz - 99 Ranged, April 4, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Brock H
- Fernando C
- Jason R
- Shane F
- Tom V
- Zachary K
- Episode Title: Comprehending the Comp Cape
- Teaser: We run through the mini quest list and patch notes but the main feature is a fresh look at the comp cape rework. Through our analysis we bring a new level of comprehension to this design for those on the fence. Plus space talk on the topic of black holes.
- Recorded Date: April 11, 2019
- Release Date: April 12, 2019
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Pyrnassius
- Duration: 2:15:53
- Editing Notes: Beagle @ achievements