- The following changes have been made to the bug reporter to improve its usability on both PC and mobile clients.
- We have split the two fields, Description and Reproduction Steps into two screens. The intention behind this is that on mobile, the on-screen keyboard would cover the bottom text entry box so splitting them into two resolves this.
- As part of the above, we have relocated the remaining characters counter to the top of the entry
- As it is now split into multiple screens, there are now additional navigation buttons to allow you to go back and make a change to your report if you require it.
- We have done more work to fix the issue where your NPC chat and multiple choice dialogues could end up squashed into the middle of the screen.
- We thought we had resolved this but thanks to the efforts of you awesome beta testers we have managed to get a more accurate reproduction on the issue and resolved it!
- We have made some further improvements to the mini-menu navigation and scrolling. You should notice the mini-menu is less likely to close when you are trying to navigate, and also you are less likely to lift your finger early and select something prematurely.
- We need loading screens on the mobile client, as a result the following changes have been made to make sure they are doing what they are designed to do.
- The graphics option to disable loading screens has been removed on mobile. PC is unchanged.
- The option to disable loading screens (from within a loading screen) has been removed.
- The following changes have been made to the Screen Sizing section of the graphics options to improve
- Renamed 'resizable' to 'windowed' (alongside the removal of 'fixed') this reflects an established PC standard naming convention. 'Fullscreen' is unchanged.
- The resolution drop down field was only relevant when in 'fullscreen', to reflect this, the drop down has been placed within the 'fullscreen' button.
- PC specific terminology has been removed from these descriptions, in favour of more ambiguous terms, so that it is mobile compliant.
- Fixed Window restricts the game size to be 800x600 (4:3 aspect), a feature only used by 1% of NXT and Java players. In the future, we want to fully support 16:9 as our new standard for both desktop and mobile, which adds unnecessary complication to the code if we keep supporting Fixed Window mode. From today's update, this option has been removed from the game.
- The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750.
- Chargebows now take into account arrows equipped or held in an equipped quiver, so special effects like those of dragonbane and black stone arrows can be used with them. Damage will be reduced to the lowest tier of the arrow or chargebow. Chargebows will work as usual when no arrows or another type of ammunition is held in the ammo slot.
- Tier 3 Urns have been renamed to Plain Urns to prevent some confusion with Daily Challenges
- After killing the Ambassador, the dungeon progress is reset as expected.
- Killing the Crassian Leviathan now correctly awards killcount if you kill it after it has swapped sides.
- Resizing the game window should no longer cause the game to crash
- Minimap should now show things like rugs, the floor at the GE, etc., and should not show ground decor (sometimes visible as speckles on the current minimap)
- Display names in clan channels are ordered alphabetically, regardless of case.
- Ben W
- Brock H
- Jason R
Listener Questions and Discussions
Discussion Topic from Pyrnassius
Question from Choto
1) What is your honest opinion about Postie Pete's event?
2) Have you ever got anything decent from a parcel?
3) How's your day?
4) For earth: What is your relation with planet earth?
5) When will you join the Hoodian Faith? I have some flyers if you need them.
Have a blast, unhiods
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Derpaltnieux - 99 Slayer, March 6, 2019
- Stick_man_h - 99 Invention, March 6, 2019
- Faroxkratos - 99 Mining, March 5, 2019
- Pyrnassius - 120 Attack, March 4, 2019
- Pyrnassius - 120 Strength, March 4, 2019
- Holynicholas - 99 Smithing, March 3, 2019
- Thequiver - 99 Attack, March 3, 2019
- Pyrnassius - 120 Fishing, March 2, 2019
- Anextiamarus - 99 Dungeoneering, March 2, 2019
- Earth’s Pick: SimCity 4
- What have we been doing?
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Ben W
- Brock H
- Jason R
- Shane F
- Episode Title: A Pleasant Surprise
- Teaser: Earth joins us for a full rundown of the current Android RuneScape mobile beta. We run though combat, skilling, and performance. Also this week Parcels From the Hedge and patch notes.
- Recorded Date: March 7, 2019
- Release Date: March 8, 2019
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Earth
- Duration: 1:53:32
- Editing Notes: 6 bleeps, 4 cuts at video insertion (19:52), easter soundtrack (1:03:43/1:04:05), and POTW (1:43:11)