- Camel Warrior Mirages and Glacytes will now have the correct slayer helm buffs applied when the summoners are the player's slayer target (though as before the summons will not give slayer xp or reduce slayer count).
- Friends chat owners can now enable the option for lootshare to be enabled for players they do not have added to their friends list.
- Players are now provided with some Elemental runes when fighting the Dagannoth Mother (2) in the Dominion Tower.
- Analyse and Disassemble will no longer put the player into a combat stance and skull them when used on another player.
- Players can now reliably queue abilities while they are currently channeling an ability such as Concentrated Blast
- Players may now augment their trimmed and custom-fit masterwork armour at any charge percentage. This can be done at any invention workbench.
- Max has heard about the Mining & Smithing rework. He is now using the updated hammer and no longer flails madly at the space where an anvil used to be.
- When mining with porters, if the mined resource can be stored in the metal bank, it'll be deposited into your metal bank instead of your bank.
- Congealed blood can now be used to overcharge Drakan's Medallion, from the previous cap of 10, up to a maximum of 25000 charges.
- The Grace of the Elves has a new op whilst worn - "Toggle porter" which allows players to disable or enable the porter functionality.
- Clan Overseers can now set/modify a Clan Login message.
- Queen Black Dragon:
- Instead of Runite Stone Spirits QBD will now drop either Orichalcite Stone Spirits or Drakolith Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Adamant and Coal Stone Spirits QBD will now drop Luminite and Runite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Runite Stone Spirits the bosses will now drop either Necrite Stone Spirits or Phasmatite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Coal Stone Spirits the bosses will now drop Luminite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Runite Stone Spirit Solak will now drop either light Animica Stone Spirits or Banite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Coal Stone Spirits Nex will now drop Luminite Stone Spirits.
- Player Owned Farm Hands and QoL
- Status icons: icons for diseased and harvesting
- Up to 3 farmhands per pen. 2 bean use cost for small, 5 medium, 10 large.
- Assigned to one animal each.
- Babysitters - prevent animals from growing past adolescent (1k/2k/3.5k)
- Trapper - retrieves one random unchecked animal (5k beans)
- Collector - stores animals from the breeding pen into unchecked versions (2.5k beans)
- Storm barn deeds (25k in total). A dedicated bank for animals rather than having them stored in your bank, up to 30 animals stored when fully upgraded.
- Baby Shakes: Take any and all animals from you for 10% of their base bean value.
- More beans for when you trade in a shiny. 10% if you have a matching breed or trait, 25% if you have both.
- “Old MC” title if you complete the breeding log.
- New quest based around cheesecake.
- Will release the QoL changes for the quest list alongside this.
- No ETA on this release.
- QoL changes for the quest list.
- Sort by year
- Sort by area
- Sort by combat difficulty
- Sort by series
- Sort by timeline
- Requirements are interactive, links to other quests in the list.
- "On January 23rd, Fukong Interactive issued a regulatory statement to advise the Chinese financial market that it is planning a major reorganisation and is considering sale of assets, with the partial or full sale of Jagex as a potential option”
- Fukong lost $69.6m in the first half of 2018
- Compare this to Jagex’s massive year last year: £43.5m profit, up £14.7m over the previous year.
- "Whatever the outcome of Fukong’s restructure, it won’t change how you play RuneScape or Old School, and it doesn’t affect our plans as we continue to invest in growing Jagex, RuneScape and Old School, building on our record-breaking years, and ensuring we bring you all the new content and updates we have in the works, in addition to more quality of life improvements."
- Keep Calm and Keep Playing RuneScape
- We predicted this. Where does Jagex go in the future?
- Does this have anything to do with the delay of mobile? Probably not.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Tyco
February is here tomorrow and with that starts the most dangerous month here in the Nordic Lands. No, it's not wild mooses, bears or surströmming that's threatening our everyday lives but the influenza. As the snow slowly melts away in the southern parts, everyone knows that a cold bed with a hot fever awaits us all. And to make it even worse, it's not an enemy you can go against with a battleaxe and a shield. My questions today are (1) do you all consider yourselves to have a healthy and strong body, and (2) what are your strategies against the microscopic armies that raid and plunder your internal cells until everything is burned to the ground?
I'm writing this as I see a red sun rise in the horizon, knowing I will not be spared this year. May the midichlorians be with you Shane.
Tyco elf of the Nordic Lands
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Frawr - 99 Prayer, January 30, 2019
- Pyrnassius - 200m Constitution XP, January 29, 2019
- Xpolonia - 99 Ranged, January 28, 2019
- Duke_juker - 120 Dungeoneering, January 27, 2019
- Merovech - 99 Mining, January 27, 2019
- Truly_a_weeb - 99 Smithing, January 24, 2019
- Shane’s Pick: remove.bg
- What have we been doing?
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Brock H
- Seth W
- Shane F
- Episode Title: Stay Calm and Keep RuneScaping
- Teaser: We discuss patch notes including loot share, porters for Mining, and a change to Stone Spirits. Also, we summarize the Farmhands content showcase and break down the internet’s news of the week that Jagex could be for sale once more.
- Recorded Date: January 31, 2019
- Release Date: February 1, 2019
- Hosts: Shane and Tanis
- Duration: 1:22:22
- Editing Notes: None