- Mining and Smithing One Week On:
- Smelting Gauntlets
- Superheat Form
- Crystal Hammer
- Trah Hour
- Shane’s Loadout
- Magic Golem Outfit
- Quarrymaster Aura (+10% Crit chance!)
- Pickaxe of Earth and Song (Honed + Efficient, give me Seren components pls)
- Lava Titan
- Added mining cape perk to my max cape
- Maybe: Perfect juju mining potion
- PvM and Trimmed Masterwork
- Solid lava geyser duration has been reduced drastically.
- Players can once again make Alchemical Onyx Necklaces at furnaces.
- Make-x while making arrows is back down to 10 per set instead of 60.
- There is now a message when your furnace perk activates while mining.
- Tuned bane ores no longer have a chance to increase amount of bars gained while smelting.
- It is no longer possible to attempt to store pickaxes on your toolbelt in free to play worlds if you have a member's only pickaxe already stored.
- When having a high-level members pickaxe on your toolbelt on F2P, when mining, this will now default to runite.
- The Modified Blacksmith's Helmet will no longer allow players to make extra bars while smelting Masterwork Alloy bars
- All tiers of the Quarrymaster Aura have been doubled in their percentage chance of critical hits while mining
- Stone Spirits now have a higher buy limit of 25,000 on the Grand Exchange
- Breaking down Torva Platebodies and Platelegs to use for Trimmed Masterwork armour will now give 5 and 3 Praesulic Essences respectively
- Fixed a typo with Elder rune bars on the smithing skill guide
- Shooting stars have been re-enabled.
- Players who Custom Fitted their Trimmed Masterwork sets before augmenting them can now repair them at an anvil if they are at 100% charge, and can then augment them again using an invention table
- The smithing autoheater is no longer tradeable.
- An error that allowed Masterwork to be repairable at an anvil was causing issues, this has now been resolved and can no longer be repaired at an anvil - instead you should repair your used masterwork armour at Bob in Lumbridge or at an armour repair stand in your PoH.
- Player owned farm animals can no longer be obtained by Ironman accounts by popping Falador party room balloons.
- Players can, if they so wish, use an empty bucket to gather buckets of slime at the Pool of Slime underneath the Ectofunctus - however, players still do not require buckets to gather slime.
- Fairy near Zanaris market no longer has a detached antenna.
- The Agility skillcape perk now prevents failure on the Werewolf Agility arena's teeth- clenching zipline.
- Updated the interface builders on the Black Marketeer and The Trader inside the Player- Owned Ports.
- Added an info mode toggle and some information on the piano keys for the piano puzzle in the Rune Mysteries quest.
- Update the observatory telescope interface to use a modern style frame. This fixed a bug where this interface did not have a close button and therefore was not able to be closed easily on mobile.
- Updated the Lumbridge task ring interfaces to use the modern interface builder style.
- Updated the Makeover Mage and the Photo Booth interfaces to use the modern builder style.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Ty Ler
Where do you think M&S rework has met, exceeded, and fell short of expectations?
Question from Logan
Hey man! I've saved up a ton of mats for the smithing rework, id love to hear if you have any insight on some of the better xp per gp options?
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Derpaltnieux - 99 Cooking, January 16, 2019
- Anextiamarus - 99 Farming, January 16, 2019
- Diocles - 99 Invention, January 15, 2019
- Antivistic - 99 Fishing, January 14, 2019
- Duke_juker - 99 Defence, January 12, 2019
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Andrew C
- Brock H
- Seth W
- Shane F
- Episode Title: The Rune Renaissance
- Teaser: One week into the Mining and Smithing rework and we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We’re back with discussion on missing items including Smelting Gauntlets and the Crystal Hammer. Plus are we at the tip of a rebirth of Adamant and Rune Smithing?
- Recorded Date: January 17, 2019
- Release Date: January 18, 2019
- Hosts: Shane and Tanis
- Duration: 1:46:36
- Editing Notes: None