- Kal'gerion demons can now be damaged while charging their special move.
- The Tsunami ability now casts in the direction of your target rather than in the direction you are facing.
- It is no longer possible to restore negative prayer points using spirit prayer pigs.
- Removed some blocking which prevent Araxxor from being able to move between phase 2 and 3, whilst on path 3.
- Hidey holes can now be filled while the objects to store are still worn.
- Arcane, elysian and divine spirit shields now list their passive effect on the object tooltip.
- Increased the pack yak's summoned timer from 58 to 64 minutes, to better account for instance length handling.
- Aquarium building materials obtained from prawn balls may now be disassembled.
- You can now chat to Granny (or access via a new right click option) about which Contract buyers should turn up. Timing restrictions will still apply, in that you'd have to wait until the next day for them to turn up. Doing this will overwrite the standard game mechanic, but that can be turned back on by chatting to Granny at any time. Small, Medium and Large buyers can now each individually be set.
- Added banana pizza to the cooking skill guide. (Still don't know why banana pizzas are added to the game. Thank you Mod Shogun...)
- You can now visit another player's uncharted isle, with this update you'll also be able to toggle restrictions on who can visit your Island.
- - Speak to Quartermaster Gully (Island Options) to travel to another player's Island.
- - You can also toggle Island settings on Island Options and allow everyone to visit your Island, friends only, or no one.
- - When visiting another player's island you will not be able to use the skilling resources there nor pick up the Island customations, however you will be able to catch any birds/implings there.
- - You will also not be able to loot Treasure Chests on claimed islands.
- - If you log out on a Player's island you will be teleported back to Waiko.
- Adjusted values of shiny-boosting traits to Sparkling (+1%), Glistening (+1.5%) and Radiant (+2.5%) (which is an increase overall if you stack all three on the same animal).
- Masterwork armour is significantly cheaper to make (the materials required have halved from 1200 of every bar to 600 of every bar)
- Masterwork and trimmed masterwork armour have had the time taken to make rebalanced around a bit, but the total time to make is similar to what it was.
- Trimmed masterwork armour has had a set effect added which turns 50% of damage received into a DOT you take over the next six seconds to spread the damage out and make it easier to deal with. You can test this set effect on the beta right now.
- Trimmed masterwork armour has the option to "customise" it, which makes it permanently untradeable in return for 50% slower degrading and no degrading or charge loss while on a slayer or reaper task. We're not entirely sure about this option - we think it might be too strong, but we wanted to put it out there so you can let us know what you think.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Tyco Elf
Christmas is here once again. The bells on the radio never stop and the night is slowly vanishing from all the decoration that is hung up far and wide. But as Christmas is celebrated differently around the world I want to ask you the following: How do you picture Christmas? What do you do during the holidays? And lastly, how would you set the Christmas mood in your house?
Personally I just grab an axe and get the best tree I can find and carry it home. Some might prefer the car, but some things in this world is worth using a little muscle for. And when I was younger I also used to set a bear trap below the chimney every year so I could have him around all year long. But he got away every time and now that I'm past 18 he just skips the house. Funny thing that it inspired me to a couple of journeys to the cold north, but I have yet to find his workshop in this dark land where snow and ice stretches as far the eye can see. Anyways, looking forward to your answers and if any of you want a Christmas card from Clan Quest then just say the word.
Tyco the festive elf of the Nordic Lands.
Question from Choto
Hoods, bits and byters! This is Choto, once again, and probably for the first time asking questions twice in a row. I don't really have runescape-related questions, but seeing as this is a milestone episode, I might as well dig into the history of this podcast. Here goes nothing:
-What do you think is the coolest thing about RSBANDB Update?
-Which Update episode has been your favourite to host?
-How long have you been around RSBANDBUpdate! ?
(Yes, I kinda cheated, those questions were stolen from when I interviewed Tanis)
Anyway, last one:
-Earth, how come you're still allowed to be here?
That's all. Much love to all, and huge congratulations on the 700th episode!
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Phyntom - 99 Invention, November 28, 2018
- Letyrman - 99 Firemaking, November 28, 2018
- Phyntom - 99 Mining, November 27, 2018
- Phyntom - 99 Fishing, November 27, 2018
- Phyntom - 99 Woodcutting, November 27, 2018
- Dawn - 99 Invention, November 27, 2018
- Derpaltnieux - 99 Mining, November 26, 2018
- Torid - 99 Agility, November 26, 2018
- Dantanian - 120 Dungeoneering, November 25, 2018
- Comp_sci - 120 Magic, November 23, 2018
- Derpaltnieux - 99 Defence, November 23, 2018
- Chief’s Pick: Go electric! Nissan Leaf
- What have we been doing?
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Cody T
- Brock H
- Andrew C
- Shane F
- Episode Title: Attack of the Swedish Bear
- Teaser: The 2018 winter weekends are revealed and we go over patch notes in particular related to the player owned farm. We also discover that banana pizza is indeed a thing. Finally, Brad and Earth join us to celebrate #700.
- Recorded Date: November 29, 2018
- Release Date: November 30, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Chief Snake, Earth, and Tanis
- Duration: 1:58:38
- Editing Notes: Bleeps