- Brief overview
- The Needle
- Quest methodology
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Finale (Cireon 3 points reminder)
- Tweaks and Fixes (Patch Notes)
- Add a right click option to Clan Log to broadcast the Clan Log stats (Visitors, Fealty, Cappers) that week (admin+ ONLY)
- Permission restrict who can view the clan ban list to admin+ by default but allow a clan to toggle it so all recruits can see who's banned if they wish
- Add an additional warning to Clan Owners trying to leave a clan that they can just demote themselves to remain in the clan
- Allow owners to demote themselves to Overseer or lower
- Add a job title "Replacement owner" to allow the clan to see who would assume ownership of the clan if the owner stepped down
- Add a event reminder broadcast to automatically fire when the event has 15 minutes to go
- Add a event reminder broadcast to automatically fire when the event has 12 hours to go
- Add a event reminder broadcast to automatically fire when the event has 24 hours to go
- Added a combat indicator (flashing red border) when you have an interface open that covers the full screen. This will let you know that you are in combat and being attacked. The speed of the flashing will increase as your health drops.
- < 10 % health -> Flash every second.
- between 10 and 25 % health -> Flash every 1.5 seconds.
- between 25 and 50 % health -> Flash every 2 seconds.
- > 50 % health -> Flash every 2.5 seconds.
- We have added special drag and drop areas on the left hand side of the backpack on mobile.
- Drop area is there by default for all users. This is also slightly larger. This is there as an alternative to right click to drop or destroy anything. It also serves as an indicator as to what you are doing. Dropping an item in the game world can be confusing.
- At the relevant magic levels a low alchemy, then later a high alchemy drop area exists below the drop area.
- Lastly once you have passed the point in the tutorial a disassembly drop area is added.
- These are all sized so that they are all visible with the smallest inventory size on mobile.
- Quests, Challenges & Achievements
- Dailyscape and Portnight achievements will no longer reset after completion if their respective streak is broken.
- Fixed an issue where some achievements weren't counting towards total achievement completion.
- Players that own a full set of superior player owned ports gear will now receive the related achievement as expected.
- The farming skillcape perk can now be used to unlock the 'Smartest Harvest' achievement.
- If you have the complete from Shield of Arrav before the quest rework was completed without finishing the quest, you can now properly complete the quest.
- Added antigriefing to all of the Skillchompas hunter areas.
- Visually updated the bug reporter, additionally included support center links for specific bug categories.
- The skybox & filter options, access from the world map button's right click menu, has been reworked.
- Skybox can be selected in one tab
- Filter can be selected in another
- In Advanced, various settings can be set and saved as a preset. Beware, you may cause some strange looking effects. Sun colour, sun ambience, fog colour and depth as well as volumetric light colour and density can be set to custom values.
- Mod Kelpie - Putting together a larger plan moving the game in a specific direction in 2019 and beyond.
- A desire to graphically update the whole surface world, haven’t done the best job setting up the game for success in updating an area. Aiming to re-use assets (crates, barrels, trees, etc.)
- Aiming to do it a lot more rapidly than in the past.
- 2019: Direction for the story and the direction being taken to “make questing great again” No new announcements other than what was said at RuneFest
- Mod Stu is looking at putting in a view to see quests in-order in the game. In practice this is an issue that most new players don’t have this as an issue.
- Combat being made more accessible. Rather than focusing on the top 2% of combat, want to focus on the top 35–50% of combat (mid-high level, gwd)
- New construction methods before POH rework (surface world, other forms of construction)
- Something may happen with the Chic-Axe
- Trimmed masterwork (probably going to reduce the cost): a benefit is needed, it’s a hard place to figure out where this should sit without making it too good. Aiming for a prototype this coming week.
- More action bars, bank space, bank presets. No plans for presets or action bars. Bank space always comes up. Technically “at the limit”
- Weapon diversity change to justify 120 combat skills? They have nothing to do with each other. Weapon diversity = breadth. 120 = depth. Reluctant to hand out tier 95s, players don’t need that kind of power.
- Combining high tier pvm and high tier skilling? Mining and Smithing is the prototype. Miss the days when skillers fed the pvm community.
- iOS Mobile = SoonTM. Android is being used for UI and gameplay foci.
- Post quest: The Needle? Raven is already working on some content that players may not have thought of.
- Concepts exist for more raids
- GameJam: Time has been set aside for the most recent releases. Ninja’y in nature for a lot of things, packaging them up a bit more. May have such things as a “firemaking week”
- Bounty Hunter removal is largely done. Early next year, being worked on by ninja team.
- Mobilizing Armies removal coming soon, approved.
- 10–15% use the Java client. Will get rid of it one day. Doesn’t affect mobile
- How come you don’t poll the community? Try to complete the work from the previous poll before beginning the next one. Don’t like questions that don’t help: players that wind up saying to do both when something is polled.
- “Where is the line between useful discussion and they’re just ranting at me?” It is useful to have negative but constructive feedback. “They should be fired” is not constructive, a torrent of screaming isn’t useful.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Audio Question from Pyrnassius
Question from Choto
Hoods guys! Good to see the old noobs here, and glad to see such a lorehound as Diana in the podcast! It's kinda difficult to come up with questions when I know you might have already answered while you talked. So I'm gonna try to be a bit clever (a rare occasion, seize the moment!) and ask good questions for a change. So...the needle skips.
I honestly didn't have confidence about this...at all. I thought it would be even worse than the Goebie quest. But to my surprise, for the first time since (probably) Sliske's Endgame, I went to the start point, plugged my earphones, and enjoyed. I took my time. I didn't rush to complete it because it was awesome. I couldn't enjoy the graphics, because I have a potato laptop, but everything else was just GREAT.
But enough chit-chat. Questions time!
1) This quest was different in lots of aspects. Is this the future of questing? No more fetch an egg, flour and milk, but voice acted, involving stories?
2) Do you think it's reasonable if Jagex started developing more content like this?
3) What is the thing you loved the most and the one you disliked the most about the quest as a whole?
4) I personally loved Megan's song. Which was your favourite?
5) Will we see more of Primrose and the Needle? Will the World Guardian need to go back and fix her/his past mistakes?
Huge congratulations to those that created this great quest. And thanks to Shane, Cireon and Diana for giving me 2 hours to enjoy.
Question from Tanis
Hey RSBANDB crew , its tanis sorry I couldn't cover that great quest, but alas it is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. today. Cireon don't get too comfortable, in the words of Arnald "I'll be back". Every year on Thanksgiving my family does what most families do. We eat and try to avoid political discussion with that "facebook" uncle of yours. We also have a tradition of talking about what we are thankful for. I thought it would be cool if we did the same this year at RSBANDB and since we are a Runescape podcast let's give it a Runescape spin and talk about what we are thankful for in regards to Runescape. Thanks guys and have a wonderful holiday or whatever you all celebrate up there in the frozen north.
From “RS with friends” to “friends with RS”
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- B_adger - 99 Crafting, November 21, 2018
- Tanbino - 99 Fishing, November 21, 2018
- Rune_dragon - 99 Invention, November 21, 2018
- B_adger - 99 Smithing, November 21, 2018
- Iidefend - 99 Runecrafting, November 20, 2018
- Codelyoko252 - 99 Farming, November 19, 2018
- Merovech - 99 Hunter, November 19, 2018
- Matts374 - 99 Cooking, November 18, 2018
- Choc_barrage - 99 Runecrafting, November 18, 2018
- Mamamystic - 99 Attack, November 18, 2018
- Anextiamarus - 99 Summoning, November 18, 2018
- Guppee - 120 Herblore, November 18, 2018
- Aspen_wisp - 99 Cooking, November 18, 2018
- Zhii - 120 Summoning, November 18, 2018
- Diocles - 99 Hunter, November 18, 2018
- Mamamystic - 99 Magic, November 18, 2018
- Varagianbard - 99 Strength, November 18, 2018
- Patapolo - 99 Thieving, November 18, 2018
- Matts374 - 99 Agility, November 18, 2018
- Varagianbard - 99 Dungeoneering, November 18, 2018
- Takis_fuego - 99 Thieving, November 18, 2018
- Ultradog177 - 99 Herblore, November 18, 2018
- Derpaltnieux - 99 Prayer, November 18, 2018
- Mskonnan10 - 99 Invention, November 18, 2018
- Varagianbard - 99 Attack, November 17, 2018
- Lhotse - 99 Defence, November 17, 2018
- Archrys - 99 Woodcutting, November 17, 2018
- Archrys - 99 Hunter, November 17, 2018
- Iidefend - 99 Hunter, November 17, 2018
- Darthmarth - 99 Fishing, November 17, 2018
- Questcaping - 99 Smithing, November 17, 2018
- Shiro_shana - 120 Defence, November 17, 2018
- Rune_dragon - 99 Summoning, November 17, 2018
- Qbond008 - 99 Summoning, November 17, 2018
- Silverwiz9 - 99 Runecrafting, November 17, 2018
- Doc_hawk - 99 Prayer, November 17, 2018
- Goku_ssjbleu - 120 Invention, November 17, 2018
- Nogard210 - 99 Herblore, November 17, 2018
- Goku_ssjbleu - 120 Dungeoneering, November 17, 2018
- Diocles - 99 Crafting, November 17, 2018
- The_rrman - 120 Invention, November 17, 2018
- Rune_dragon - 99 Herblore, November 17, 2018
- Dark_spartez - 99 Constitution, November 17, 2018
- Codelyoko252 - 99 Divination, November 17, 2018
- Wolfeltopia - 99 Slayer, November 17, 2018
- Letyrman - 99 Thieving, November 17, 2018
- Zacmasta - 99 Prayer, November 17, 2018
- Diocles - 99 Firemaking, November 17, 2018
- Wolfeltopia - 99 Strength, November 17, 2018
- Archrys - 99 Agility, November 16, 2018
- Iidefend - 99 Construction, November 16, 2018
- Torid - 99 Construction, November 16, 2018
- Varagianbard - 99 Ranged, November 16, 2018
- Phyntom - 99 Cooking, November 16, 2018
- 1234werecool - 99 Crafting, November 16, 2018
- Row_of_crows - 99 Firemaking, November 16, 2018
- B_adger - 99 Summoning, November 16, 2018
- Linkvi - 99 Invention, November 16, 2018
- Takis_fuego - 99 Smithing, November 16, 2018
- Wolfeltopia - 99 Smithing, November 16, 2018
- Zacmasta - 99 Summoning, November 16, 2018
- Diocles - 99 Construction, November 16, 2018
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Cody T
- Brock H
- Andrew C
- Shane F
- Episode Title: The Needle Skips: Deep as the TzHaar
- Teaser: We weave through RuneScape’s most immersive quest ever, The Needle Skips. The storytelling, mechanics, and music are sewn together in this unique, one of a kind, RuneScape experience. Finally, some discussion threads about what we are thankful for.
- Recorded Date: November 22, 2018
- Release Date: November 23, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Cireon, and Diana
- Duration: 2:55:12
- Editing Notes: None