- Corrected a message when buying the bank chest upgrade on the Manor farm. It used to say a bank chest was added next to the breeding pen.
- After unlocking the bank chest at the Manor Farm it will now provide bank functions like auto-healing, keepsaking, the ability to activate the Magic skillcape perk and so on.
- Milton the Miller (North Ardougne Mill) now has a farming shop icon once again.
- Small tweaks have been made to increase the odds of a shiny animal.
- Unchecked eggs for dragons and spiders now have a lootbeam when they are received as a drop.
- Potions newly introduced with the player-owned-farm can now be decanted manually.
- Players can now add Jellyfish (blue and green) to food trough.
- Collecting honey from the Manor Farm apiary will now contribute towards filling your Farming Urns.
- You no longer get a message that you need inv space when opening the farmers market with a full inv. This was caused by a redundant check on the farm totems and we've instead moved the check to a requirement for buying the totems. As a result, totems will now appear locked if you don't have space to buy one.
- We've slightly improved the chance to breed a Daemoncap Zygomite
- The key ring now appears on the toolbelt, allowing players to store keys on their toolbelted key ring.
- Upon converting a spirit gem back to its unused form, players will now be informed if it is a combined gem and given the option to either gain the extra charges as separate gems or discard them.
- The World Map zoom feature has been updated to be more gradual on mobile while utilising the pinch gesture. The zoom buttons on the world map remain unchanged.
- Contextual Keyboard has been added for Android. This means that the keyboard will automatically change based on the input field (e.g. Withdraw X will bring up a numeric keyboard).
- You will no longer log out upon trying to enter Hets hidden room in a F2P world.
- Opening world map while in Zanaris Fairy HQ no longer crashes the client.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Audio Question from Pyrnassius
Question from Bill
Hello Shane and crew:
I am a returning player, having played sporadically since RS Classic. This time around, so much has changed that I no longer recognize the game; it doesn't resemble at all what runescape used to be like.
I have several questions:
1. How do you actually start doing the PvM content in RS? Is there an explain like I'm 5 for this, starting from the very basics like revolution bars and ability rotations all the way to gear setups and boss mechanics? It's obvious that there is so much content here, but most if it is so opaque that it's really hard to know where to start.
2. How do you get the nox equipment when you have no money and skilling doesn't make anything? Am I doomed to do hours upon hours of popping div bubbles like Tanis?
3. What's the deal with people keeping their comp capes at any cost? Surely there was a time before they had the cape, why do they rush through any new content and then complain instead of playing through it properly?
Thanks for all the work you put into the show every week, they always brighten up my Fridays, sometimes when I listen and sometimes when I stop listening. I look forward to your answers on the show!
Question from Tyco
Quest point shop is out and with it we meet May and the Lorehound, the later we keep as a pet. What people may or may not know is that the community on Runescape's official Discord had a large influence on certain parts of the update. A few examples are the examine messages, dialogues with the Lorehound and the quest NPC's you can transform into. with the ring of quests. Two of the Lorehound's dialogues that were suggested by me and a few others on that Discord and it's thus no surprise we were quite proud on release.
You have talked about how Jagex should be less dependent on the community andgo in a direction that's healthy for the game in the long run. My questions are thus, do you believe this update should have been less interactive with the community? Personally I think it's wonderful to support the developers and see the content come to life. Also what is your opinion on a closed player testing? On one side it could be seen as way to ensure quality before release, and on the other you could see it as favoritism when it comes to chosing the players.
I hope you have your bag ready to go because I will see you very very soon in London. Don't forget to bring a souvenir from Canada and I'm looking forward to give you a bearhug to remember. Cheers! Tyco elf.
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb)
- Cabege - 99 Attack, September 26, 2018
- Comp_sci - 120 Constitution, September 26, 2018
- Sina_atn - 99 Magic, September 25, 2018
- Cabege - 99 Farming, September 24, 2018
- Cabege - 99 Divination, September 24, 2018
- Cabege - 99 Slayer, September 24, 2018
- Archrys - 99 Thieving, September 24, 2018
- Ailricson - 99 Herblore, September 23, 2018
- Ailricson - 99 Smithing, September 23, 2018
- Ailricson - 99 Summoning, September 23, 2018
- Ailricson - 99 Cooking, September 23, 2018
- Silverwiz9 - 99 Dungeoneering, September 22, 2018
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Adam T
- Cody T
- Brock H
- Andrew C
- Shane F
- Episode Title: Quest Reparations
- Teaser: The Quest Point Shop is here and we have a full rundown of unlock tracks and which one is best. Also, the Questers are finally paid reparations for years and years of hard work. And another disappointing Facebook privacy bombshell.
- Recorded Date: September 27, 2018
- Release Date: September 28, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Derp
- Duration: 2:12:35
- Editing Notes: Shift RS Wiki segment