- General mechanic overview
- Core memory fragments
- Jars -> Pillars and Bots
- Filling bots: 250 memories from Lustrous, Brilliant, Radiant, Luminous, and Incandescent memories.
- Aagi (70, Lustrous) - Extra passive effect from the Memorial to Guthix fountain of energy
- Seren (80, Brllliant) - Increased memory strand gain whilst in the Hall of Memories
- Juna (85, Radiant) - Able to create three divine locations per day
- Sword of Edicts (90, Luminous) - Increase memory gain when harvesting from faded memories
- Cres (95, Incandescent) - Increased energy gain when converting memories. (6 standard, 8-9 enriched!)
- Filling each bot will give 50,000 Divination experience.
- On subsequent (backups) you must fill a bot with 50 of each energy type for 10,000 Divination experience.
- Lore summary: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XI89I-RdEuBxlfJ-xQK5hnmz82SVj73otiDlMhLkXqA/edit?usp=sharing
- Knowledge fragments will also appear from time to time granting 500 xp for each gathered.
- ~210k xp/per hour with elder divination outfit "AFK, low intensity". Reported upwards of ~250K xp/hr with full outfit, urns, clan avatar, etc.
- This activity can be two-ticked allowing for beyond 300k xp/hr without bonus xp. Two ticking has been confirmed not a bug.
- Trapper outfit can now be correctly purchased from Vic the Trader.
- Messages that relate to the easy desert task rewards now correctly refer to Hassan as being in Menaphos now he has Al Kharid after the events in The Jack of Spades.
- Solak no longer loses focus on the tank after he performs his root attack on the tank on phase 2, and after a rune has been completed on phase 3.
- Solak will now reliably hit all players for the instakill attack if players allow Withered Solak to die with a group member in a different instanced area.
- Defensive abilities will no longer be reset during Solak phase transitions and when traversing from the mind to the overworld.
- An issue with Solak awarding double KC has been fixed.
- Portents of restoration can no longer be used to heal the players inside Solak's minds.
- The blight percentage on phase 2 of Solak will now be drained at a faster rate.
- Calorie bombs can no longer be placed inside of the mind of Solak.
- Some audio from the Nex Angel of Death encounter has been removed from Solak.
- Rune Mechanics no longer requires Rune Mysteries and Wolf Whistle.
- What Lies Below no longer requires Rune Mysteries.
- Lunar Diplomacy no longer requires Rune Mysteries.
- A Void Dance no longer requires Rune Mysteries and Wolf Whistle.
- Fairy Tale III no longer requires Rune Mysteries and Wolf Whistle.
- Deadliest Catch now requires 3 Herblore instead of Druidic Ritual. (Because you brew a sea legs potion.)
- Meeting History now requires 3 Herblore instead of Druidic Ritual. (Because you name the Herblore skill.)
- An warning message about forfeiting rewards when entering Yakamaru after defeating Beastmaster Durzag will no longer incorrectly appear.
- It is now possible to teleport from Telos' arena once it has been defeated.
- Being ineligible to vote in a poll will no longer display you as having voted in the poll.
- The Grand Tree quest now awards an Agility, combat and Magic lamp.
- The Royal Trouble quest now awards an Agility, Slayer and Constitution lamp.
- The Death to the Dorgeshuun quest now awards a Thieving and combat lamp.
- The Observatory quest now awards a Crafting lamp and potentially a Strength, Defence, Constitution or Attack lamp.
- An agility shortcut to enter the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been added near the Eagle's peak lodestone, requiring 61 Agility.
- The functionality for reward shops to have a buy-x option has been implemented.
- Tweaked Prifddinas lodestone colours to better match surrounding area.
- You can now destroy clockwork cats from your inventory.
- You can now attack Vyrewatch when they demand tithe so long as you have an appropriate weapon equipped such as the Ivandis Flail.
- It is now possible to teleport to the Airut within Kuradal's dungeon with the mask of the airut
- Rock hit splats to show the player when to critically hit the rock.
- More mining sites and rocks spread throughout the world.
- World map now shows mining sites and which ore can be found.
- Ore will always be available in areas that are not locked behind quests.
- Mining sites google doc
- Light Animica is related to gods, in particular god death or god injuries.
- Dark Animica is Animica that has been corrupted by the shadow realm.
- Burial armour is the decorated armour that we saw in the beta.
- A new interface has been created that goes beyond make-x.
- You must make your own ore box now and upgrade it as you progress through the skill.
- Mining geodes - chance of granting a rare(er) reward to players.
- Coal auto heater: auto heater (to low heat threshold) and zero heat smithing still exists (will be incredibly slow).
- Firemaking increases your heat level (as in the beta)
- New ores and bars will not be on drop tables.
- Spring cleaner: Two new modes to either auto-alch or auto-disassemble. Will only work with items dropped by this update.
- 100+ things that need to be fixed before the possibility of doing another beta arrives.
- Elder rune bars will require 1 light animica, 1 dark animica, and 1 Rune bar.
- Tier 90 masterwork armour will be power armour and is extremely expensive. The tier 92 upgraded armour does require Torva.
- Changing Trah hour depends on community response since there is a community around this.
- Double XP or no ore pickaxe from the beta won’t be in-game.
- This update proposes smithable armours not be degradable. Combat council won’t sign off on the tier 90 (that has tier 80 stats) armour being non-degradable. Masterwork armour will degrade (upgraded with Torva). Elder rune armour will have tier 80 stats, upgradeable to 85.
- Dragon scales idea from metal dragons — dropped. Focused on ore spirits instead, basically double charges for ore.
- Beta near the end of the year.
- Untradeable benefit: Consumable, cheap to make, requires high level (90) but gets better the higher you go (at 99). “Thorns effect” whenever something hits you, you will damage it back.
- Coal bag users will have their tokens refunded. Coal bag will not get swapped for the auto heater.
- Gold smithing gauntlets: Smelting gauntlets (smelt directly into the hopper).
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Tyco
You have now passed 670 episodes of RSbandb Update. That's a very long time considering the show is released once a week. My questions today are for all you listeners who hasn't been listening to Shane's voice for years and want to know the history behind this show.
First, how did it all began? How did the first episode of RSbandb go?
Secondly, do you feel you had any personal development during the many years running the show?
On third place, you have on several occasions mentioned "This is a direction I do not want this podcast to head towards" regarding the feedback of certain updates. Can you explain a little more about what guidelines or goals this podcast has?
And lastly, will we ever hear the answers of all those topics and questions that ends with "That's a topic for another day"? I have lost count of the many times we gotten these cliffhangers that never gets finished. I guess this is your type of "Unfinished Business"?
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb).
- Fallout 76
- Elder Scrolls VI
- Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Forza Horizon 4
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fortnite for the Switch
- Jedi Fallen Order
- Rage 2
- Mrnokia - 99 Magic, June 13, 2018
- Seabreeze24 - 99 Fletching, June 13, 2018
- Robbe - 120 Thieving, June 12, 2018
- Day_dreamer - 99 Farming, June 11, 2018
- Ylee - 99 Divination, June 11, 2018
- G_u_ns_h_i_p - 99 Constitution, June 11, 2018
- Touchpad_pro - 200m Slayer XP, June 10, 2018
- Tyco_elf - 120 Slayer, June 10, 2018
- Haalalbacon - 99 Firemaking, June 10, 2018
- Ylee - 99 Hunter, June 10, 2018
- Lin_su - 99 Runecrafting, June 9, 2018
- Cyanpnir - 99 Summoning, June 8, 2018
- Thieves - 120 Mining, June 8, 2018
- Mamamystic - 99 Farming, June 7, 2018
- Duke_juker - 99 Slayer, June 7, 2018
- Duke_juker - 99 Runecrafting, June 7, 2018
- Nordicfalcon - 99 Constitution, June 7, 2018
A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters
- Episode Title: A Memory of a Melody
- Teaser: The Hall of Memories is here, it provides lore and a new click-intensive Divination training method. Also a roundup of the latest Mining & Smithing Q&A focusing on the debate around high level smithable armour. Also, RSBANDBUpdate! turns 13.
- Recorded Date: June 14, 2018
- Release Date: June 15, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Dave
- Duration: 2:11:40
- Editing Notes: Mining and Smithing documents and Mining and Smithing audio source