- Teleporting to Braindeath Island via the dungeoneering cape and hoardstalker ring can now continue Pieces of Hate when required to visit.
- "Imp-hide hood" has been corrected to "Imphide hood" on a master clue trail.
- A broadcast has been added when a player receives the Vinny pet, from the Wisps of the Grove DnD.
- The wisps caught during the Wisps of the Grove DnD now have a left click option to catch them.
- You may now use a soul talisman, soul tiara, omni talisman, omni-talisman staff, soul talisman staff or the wicked hood (if you've unlocked the soul altar on it) to open the fountain to access the Soul Altar beneath Menaphos.
- Stalker creature changes:
- The damage against magic creatures when using the hexhunter bow has increased from 10%>12.5%
- The base accuracy of the hexhunter bow has been increased by 10%
- Elite soulgazers will now roll 3 times on the regular loot table
- When attacking a monster which deals magic damage with your Hexhunter bow, it will now display an icon on the Monster Bar which lets you know that your damage bonus is working against them.
- It is now possible for augmented items that degrade to an inert state (listed below) to reach item Lv20 by combining them with another copy to recharge them. The following rules apply;
- Remaining charge of the two will be combined (and any excess lost).
- Perks are retained/transferred (only one of the copies may have perks when combining)
- The greatest Item XP of the two items is retained (they aren't combined). Dyed objects require the non-dyed variant, and the resultant object remains dyed.
- Affected augmented items that you can combine;
- Augmented sirenic hauberk, chaps and dyed variants.
- Augmented malevolent cuirass, greaves and dyed variants
- Augmented tectonic robe top, bottom and dyed variants
- Augmented refined anima core bodies and legs of Seren, Zaros, Zamorak and Sliske
- Augmented superior tops, legs and weapons of Zuriel, Statius, Vesta and Morrigan
- Setting fires on Tutorial Island is now prevented by adjacent blocking.
- Some blocking tiles have been removed from the survival skills area of Tutorial Island.
- The mining tutor on Tutorial Island now checks your worn equipment for the bronze dagger you smith for him, in case you equip it before the worn equipment interface becomes available.
- The Visualise option will now allow you to change your Skybox/Filter anywhere you like (except for Araxxor's cave).
- A new Lunar spell "Spin Flax" has been added with a 81 Magic requirement after the completion of the Dream Mentor quest.
- A permanent grappling hook can now be made with a Mithril crossbow, 5 Mithril bars, and a Mithril grapple. This can be added to the toolbelt.
- An auto extend aura with vis wax feature has been added to the Aura Management interface.
- A message to display when an aura has come off cooldown toggle has been added to the Aura Management interface.
- King Black Dragon and Giant Mole now have boss health bars during their encounters. The Giant Mole health bar will display after its tutorial is completed.
- The Kingdom of Miscellania will now provide additional resources at midnight game time instead of 24 hours since your last collection.
- The skill guide will now display skillcape perks in the 99 section of the skill.
- Ahrim, Dharok, Guthan, Karil, Torag and Verac the bobbled pets now act as familiar overrides.
- Tiny Death can now be used as a familiar override.
- The toolbelt interface has been updated and reworked. The main focus of the update is to provide more useful information to the player as well as to better future proof the belt for additional items.
- The Enduring Glacyte will now be aggressive to the player when they spawn when fighting Glacors.
- When getting your first Slayer task (gelatinous abominations from Turael/Spria), the slayer counter UI is now turned on.
- April Fools: Ring of Rares, appears only on April 1, will come back next year. Was meant to be a joke and it should keep its joke value.
- Tutorial island is better than Ashdale for player retention!
- Easter Update: Polled the idea of less temporary content vs. full content. That factored into the Easter decision. Look at Easter for next year and doing something permanent. Christmas and Halloween will be happening, doing something mini-quest related. (Colton’s article)
- Edgeville Cleanup: Unfinished business. This will be brought in as a mini quest (post quest) after Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
- Rewards: Token xp, ability to unlock Effy the Effigy pet.
- Safecracking: New Thieving method that sits between the Thieves guild and Elves (62–95). Guild master will teach the best way of cracking safes, then send you out into the world. Focuses on a route, similar to Farming, a new method of Thieving training other than pickpocketing. This contributes to skill diversity. Will have a mix of high intensity and lean back training. Not the first update of the month.
- Line firemaking: Started off as improvements for the Book of Char. Started as quick Firemaking. Not many do Char’s training (weekly event). Char’s training is no longer weekly, just an activity that a player can take part in. Char’s firemaking event is now similar to Pyramid Plunder, low entry cost, chance to make money by finding a pitch can. The pitch can will have a use for line firemaking and bonfires. Will be able to light logs faster as Firemaking levels up.
- Construction rework wasn’t in the survey because Jagex knows the affection for the update is high.
- 5 Year Skilling Plan
- Can’t do reworks and new skills in the same year.
- Deep Sea Fishing is a good example of what the skill reworks should look like.
- Lots of little things to make it more enjoyable and add to the experience.
- Fishing was chosen because Fishing has never changed.
- Started with Fishing Frenzy and expanded out once the Deep Sea Fishing theme was chosen.
- Aims to add diversity to skills but prevent the essence. i.e. Don’t let Runecrafting become Runespan.
- Adding “WOW!” moments to skilling. Hazelmere’s ring is the top “WOW!” moment for combat.
- Remove and replace skilling drops from combat drop tables. i.e. Should be able to earn more cutting magic logs in an hour than fighting something.
- Want to find the place for skills to make money and the right places for them to make lots of money with lots of work.
- Make skill milestones more important, make them more meaningful. Herblore has this with extremes and overloads.
- Construction would be a candidate for this, adding more to the skill instead of the build/remove mechanic.
- Chat with Timbo (@jagextimbo) and Ryan (@jagexryan) on Twitter. Mod Ryan “should” post about the skilling council at some point.
- https://discord.gg/8NrKuZz - Farming discord
- Polling Update: Ninja Fixes Survey #2 (Yes = 75% to pass)
- Should we add an all-in-one God Wars soulstone for the four God Wars generals?: 86% Yes, 13% No
- Should the Defence requirement to use the Curses prayer book be removed? (27% Yes, 72% No)
- Should we graphically update the Dagannoth King boss pets to match the model of their larger counterparts? (77% Yes, 22% No)
- Should the Lil’ Tuzzy pet be obtainable even whilst on a raid lockout period? (74% Yes, 25% No)
- Should we remove the level 120 Slayer broadcast from all worlds, except the one it was earned on? (42% Yes, 57% No)
- Should we remove the level 120 Invention broadcast from all worlds, except the one it was earned on? (46% Yes, 55% No)
- Should we change the Master Quest Cape broadcast so that it broadcasts across all worlds? (71% Yes, 28% No)
- Should we add a friends-only broadcast when completing the Slayer Codex? (73% Yes, 26% No)
- Should portable locations show the display name of the person who placed it? (66% Yes, 33% No)
- Should a permanently open door be added to the back of the Lumbridge Castle Kitchen? (81% Yes, 18% No) NB: This exists in OSRS
- Should we remove the 99 Summoning requirement on being able to unlock dragon boss pets? (43% Yes, 56% No)
- Should we make the ‘Remember for 30 days’ option default to yes when being prompted for authenticator? (61% Yes, 38% No) NB: This has security implications
- Should we make it so that players on your ignore list are unable to view your online status? (94% Yes, 5% No)
- Should the green friend dot take priority over the orange clan member dot when displayed on the minimap? (78% Yes, 21% No)
- Should a 1-use teleport to the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing spot be sold in Mhistyll’s shop? (86% Yes, 13% No)
Listener Questions and Discussions
Audio Question from Pyrnassius
Question from Tyco
With the results of the survey presented, one can take a guess at what direction Jagex is going this year. But if you were to give a name of this year from the updates so far, their plans for the future and your own perspective, what would it be?
Also if we imagine the scenario that Jagex would announce that the interfaces of RS3 are going to be entierly reworked, would you be for or against it? I have arguments for both sides but want to hear your opinions on the matter.
See you this weeked. Tyco elf out.
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter (@rsbandb).
- Brappa - 120 Thieving, April 3, 2018
- Blue_hubbard - 120 Invention, April 3, 2018
- Questcaping - 99 Defence, April 3, 2018
- Trips_travis - 99 Strength, April 3, 2018
- Jordov - 99 Defence, April 3, 2018
- Day_dreamer - 99 Thieving, April 2, 2018
- 1234werecool - 99 Hunter, April 2, 2018
- Day_dreamer - 99 Firemaking, April 2, 2018
- Thaxy - 120 Invention, April 1, 2018
- Nex_sicarius - 99 Thieving, April 1, 2018
- Iidefend - 99 Mining, March 30, 2018
- Vss - 99 Runecrafting, March 29, 2018
- Episode Title: The Skilling Council
- Teaser: Ninja week is here with changes to the Hexhunter bow and the toolbelt interface. The visualise option will now work anywhere! The tutorial island A/B test was successful and we’ll hear more in the future. Plus our thoughts on the most recent Ninja survey.
- Recorded Date: April 5, 2018
- Release Date: April 6, 2018
- Hosts: Shane and Tanis
- Duration: 2:07:47
- Editing Notes: None