- Mining mechanics overview
- Thoughts and suggestions on each mechanic
- Non-depletable rocks
- The stamina mechanic
- Active VS AFK mining
- Agility & Strength effect - worth?
- T90 rocks being the “guide” in high-tier XP.
- Smithing mechanics overview
- Thoughts and suggestions on each mechanic
- Base items giving less than decorating for XP
- Active VS AFK smithing
- Learning all items from start - Good freedom?
- Mining & Smithing Beta Q&A
- Rework is coming this year.
- Discussion for every item, service and activity affected by the rework. Nothing gets left behind without reason.
- Mining will be balanced to give more ores than smithing consumes.
- Remove all items from smithing from PvM droptables with new loot to replace Some ideas:
- “Ruined armor” with same alch and dissassemble values as current items.
- Tradable tokens for extra ores/bars when skilling.
- Big buff for F2P, up to T50 runite smithing.
- There will be a 2nd beta before the release of the rework. Presumably with much more content like Invention.
- Trahaearn hour will be reworked with with the same concept idea.
- “Only” 16 pages worth of notes left.
- Firemaking affecting the heat mechanic. Possible to get added before current beta ends.
- New dungeoneering reward to make smithing 100% AFK while consuming coal to re-heat the item in progress.
- Making Artistan’s Workshop the Smithing Guild!
- Spring Cleaner will auto-alch/dissassemble the “runied” drops.
- Our concrete feedback on the Mining & Smithing Beta
- Zodiac Festival and Amare outfit
- Tweaks and Fixes (Patch Notes)
- The number of minimum requirements for the ultra water setting caustics effect has been slightly reduced.
- Zilyana and K'ril no longer incorrectly state that they can unlock Sacrifice, Devotion and Transfigure on the Beasts interface.
- Players can no longer obtain duplicate outfit pieces from the Constructors, Lumberjack, Golden mining and Master runecrafter sets via a player-owned house wardrobe or Diango.
- Items dismantled by a Spring Cleaner are now added to the RuneMetrics drop log.
- The number of urns looted to complete the Pyramid Plunder daily challenge (previously 50-52 in most cases) has been reduced to 30-42 to account for the time taken to reach the deeper rooms.
- The Spinning Wheel door in Seers' Village is now open by default.
- Deposit boxes now include a right-click 'Deposit All' option.
- Slider puzzles have been updated to be much more responsive to control.
- A 'check' button has been added to the slider puzzle interface to indicate which tiles are incorrectly placed.
- It is now possible to invert the keyboard controls on a puzzle box using a checkbox on the interface.
- Players can now open bird nests and divine eggs quickly by repeatedly clicking the last nest/egg in the backpack (similar to prawn balls).
- All tiers of Aura refresh are now stackable.
- Generic single-skill lamps now abide by the 'Gain XP from lamp warning' toggle in Gameplay settings -> General gameplay.
- The 'Gain XP from lamp warning' toggle's state has been inverted so that it no longer displays the warning when unticked.
- The amount of times a player can be caught thieving in Prifddinas now starts to cool down after being caught once.
- A 'don't ask me again' option has been added when declining a special Slayer assignment. This can be re-enabled via dialogue options with the relevant Slayer Master when asking about special assignments.
Listener Questions and Discussion
Audio Question from The RRMan
Question from Pyrnassius
G'day Guys, Pyrn here with a question about an issue from the patch notes a couple of weeks ago, in regard to an exploit used at Nex AOD and Telos involving using boxtraps to circumvent some of the boss mechanics. Everyone had a good chuckle over this, and while amusing, it is cheating to use an exploit or bug in game to gain an unfair advantage. Jagex did nothing to punish the players using this cheating mechanic, however. My question to you is this: If a skiller had found a similar exploit and abused it, do you think Jagex would be as lenient? Say, for example, a player worked out that dropping a box trap on an enriched wisp when it appeared during invention kept the wisp active for the as long as the box trap was active, and they were able to get continuous enriched memories, or if a miner dropped on on a rune rock, which meant it didn't deplete, wouldn't Jagex then give them at least a temp ban? We see this a bit with the high level pvm community getting away with dodgy stuff all the time. I would point out YouGotLit last year, who was found to have been trading gold with RWT, and was banned, yet appealed it, and had it reversed simply because he was a high level elite pvm player. I would doubt very much that this would have been the case for a regular skiller. Love to hear your thoughts on this.
As always, Happy 'scaping to you all!
If you want to send in a question, email email@example.com, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter.
- Deimos - 99 Hunter, February 14, 2018
- Brappa - 120 Defence, February 14, 2018
- Occult - 120 Firemaking, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Agility, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 120 Hunter, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Crafting, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Thieving, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Woodcutting, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Firemaking, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Hunter, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Slayer, February 13, 2018
- Occult - 99 Divination, February 13, 2018
- Brappa - 120 Slayer, February 12, 2018
- Rolladude540 - 99 Firemaking, February 12, 2018
- Junglebiscui - 120 Dungeoneering, February 12, 2018
- Vss - 99 Cooking, February 11, 2018
- Schnetts - 99 Constitution, February 11, 2018
- Ylee - 99 Slayer, February 11, 2018
- Cq_sethron - 99 Woodcutting, February 11, 2018
- Katmak - 99 Farming, February 11, 2018
- Wolfeltopia - 99 Fletching, February 10, 2018
- Thhe_pac - 99 Firemaking, February 10, 2018
- Thaxy - 120 Dungeoneering, February 10, 2018
- Iidefend - 99 Slayer, February 9, 2018
- Haalalbacon - 99 Strength, February 8, 2018
- Episode Title: Bringing the Hammer Down
- Teaser: The Mining & Smithing beta is here and we have full coverage and suggestions on tweaks going forward. Also, revolutionary patch notes for puzzle boxes and special Slayer assignments. And a discussion on rule breaking and bans.
- Recorded Date: February 15, 2018
- Release Date: February 16, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Tyco Elf
- Duration: 2:35:09
- Editing Notes: Tanis F