- Adjusted the Zaros godsword (shadow, broken) colour to better match the colour of unbroken version.
- Converting memories to energy with an empty divine-o-matic vacuum equipped will no longer destroy the energy.
- The message on a compactor device when consuming items has been updated to show the amount of items that will be consumed.
- Terrorbird Racing broadcast messages can now be toggled on or off via the host Eira, south of Falador.
- Off-hand adamant swords now deal the correct amount of damage.
- Clan Citadel upkeep costs have been reduced to 20% of their original value to ease maintenance of Clan Citadels.
- Implemented all base mechanics and rock types.
- Mining is a lot more afk now, rocks don't de spawn, rocks aren't competitive.
- Every 20 seconds or so your character takes a break. Click the rock to continue mining. As the mining skill goes up the the breaks become less frequent. Higher agility skills reduce the duration of the break, about 15 seconds at level 1.
- "Rockurtunity" -- click a rock for 10x the amount of xp once.
- Strike once every 4 ticks, a number of points equal to your mining level plus a bonus for the pick you're using, this fills up a bar over your head, once that filled up you get your ore. XP arrives whenever you strike the rock.
- Stackable ore was too disruptive to the economy, it's gone. Ore bag is now similar to the coal bag.
- Coal bag will probably be an update to the ore bag.
- Agility benefits are fairly small, affect to F2P will be small. One tenth of the agility skill will be subtracted from the number of cycles. Up to 15% improvement rate.
- If 120 Mining and Smithing existed, it wouldn't really make sense unless 120 combat skills existed.
- Remove mining resources and smithed gear from drop tables! Replace these with something equally valuable.
- Major game play change for Ironmen, a "complicated side question" with a "distorted" affect on Ironmen.
- Mod Jack is not opposed to making large changes like this and IS opposed to making changes exclusively for Ironmen. Easier access to better gear, DIY way of training is very important for the rework. Some areas will be better, some worse.
- Most of the new ore names have been changed.
- Luminite Ore level 40, secondary for adamant and rune
- Runite ore level 50
- Drakolith ore level 60 (will likely be able to smithing a weaker form of dragon at 60, protects the value of droppable dragon items, ore that dragon is made out of, but dragonkin are better at making dragon)
- Necrite ore level 70 with secondary phasmatyte
- Bane ore level 80 with Dark anímica (purple god energy) as secondary
- Collosite ore
- Living rocks
- Each pickaxe has a penetration value. Each ore has a hardness level. This determines how much progress and XP you'll make when mining a rock.
- Smelting is largely the same as current game. A hopper will be added to all anvils and furnaces. This will store ores and bars only. Will be able to smelt directly from the hopper
- For smithing when you start creating a new item you receive an unfinished item. Each hit furthers the progress on the item. An item must be heated in a forge to gain progress. If the heat is higher you will get faster xp. Will work a bit like mining where you get xp on each hit. At the end of the day XP/hr should remain largely the same as now.
- Rune platebody + 1 = same wear requirement but higher combat stats. Requires a made Rune plate body and 10 more Rune bars. Right now, tier 90 smithing makes tier 80 gear with a tier 90 wear requirement to protect pvm.
- Rune can be upgraded 3 times, tier 90 can be upgraded 5 times. Decorated Rune Platebody, untradeable and unusable, hand in to Thurgo or Trahaern for XP.
- An example: Buy tier 90 + 5's sell it on the GE and someone who wants fast XP can decorate it and finish it for lots of xp.
- Values of item stacks in game will be preserved when alch values are changed.
- Mining and Smithing beta early in 2018.
- Augmentable pickaxes, tier 90 for sure, tier 80 maybe, definitely not tier 70.
- Spring cleaner won't be very useful after the Mining and Smithing rework. Very significant.This is because mining should be the source of ore and bars. The majority of drops shouldn't come from pvm.
- The tier 90 weapons and armour will be called Elder Rune. The best smithable gear in game will be Elder Rune.
Listener Questions and Discussion
Question from Tyco
Hello RSbandb! Christmas is at our doorstep and as usual we are reminded that this is the time of giving and charity. Getting families together, visiting lonely friends and giving the stranger a present is truly amazing to witness every year. Now, my questions to the Farm-tastic Shane and his sidekick are (1) If Jagex were to hire you to make one big event throughout December for the community, what would it be? It will preferably be something enjoyed by the 4 roles of Runescape: Pvmers, Skillers, Adventurers and Bankstanders. (2) Who will be luckiest real-life person this Christmas be in having you in their lives? I know you are preparing a big surprise for this lucky person, but we can always pray (just this once) that they aren't listening to the podcast. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! From Tyco, the elven elfborne of the elves.
Question from Choto
Hoods fellow noobs, it is I, Tyco's rng thief.
1) We saw a forum thread by Timbo explaining the mathematics of skilling pets. I, for instance, didn't know your chances of obtaining a pet increased drastically with virtual levels. Do you think its a good thing that the drop rate increases when you reach max xp in a skill? Also how is your rng? Have you received any pets?
2) According to you, is it good that they implement new tradeable armours? Wouldn't it be better if t70, 80 and 90 equipment were untradeable?
3) bonus question: Any thoughts on the Internet Neutrality law?
Thank you and have a great weekend!
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter.
- Touchpad_pro - 120 Slayer, December 14, 2017
- Vanitk - 99 Farming, December 13, 2017
- Cyan_r - 99 Strength, December 13, 2017
- Cyan_r - 99 Attack, December 13, 2017
- Sorensen57 - 120 Farming, December 11, 2017
- Sorensen57 - 120 Defence, December 11, 2017
- Kotahi_atua - 99 Runecrafting, December 11, 2017
- Haalalbacon - 99 Constitution, December 11, 2017
- Zookeeper53 - 99 Dungeoneering, December 9, 2017
- Mamamystic - 99 Runecrafting, December 9, 2017
- Cyan_r - 99 Invention, December 9, 2017
- Scy - 99 Invention, December 8, 2017
- Scy - 99 Mining, December 8, 2017
- Sony Vegas 14 for budding content creators only $20(USD)
- Episode Title: The Chic-Axe
- Teaser: The Christmas quest is here, we give it a solid 10 out of 10. A check in with the Mining and Smithing rework and how everyone now wants a Chic-Axe. Also, the astronomically rare chances for Skill Pet drops.
- Recorded Date: December 15, 2017
- Release Date: December 15, 2017
- Hosts: Shane and Pyrnassius
- Duration: 2:02:44
- Editing Notes: None