- Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- The RuneMetrics interface is now visible during Kegger, Racing, Table dancing and Zapper minigames at the NovtumberFest event.
- The Constitution and Defence level requirements to wear the Agile top and legs (not to be confused with the Nimble outfit) have been removed.
- Bamboo can now be used with a portable fletcher for convenience, but without generating additional resources. This is to ensure that the Waiko grill and portable range saving chances are not affected due to wobbegongs' comparative rarity.
- Players now have a higher chance to receive the lifeboat reward from the Player-owned Port Seasinger Umi and Black Marketeer events.
- Players can no longer use firecrackers to increase their mining speed.
- The rewards chest inside the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon is no longer called 'Menaphos Dungeon Chest'.
- The Fishing spots inside the Menaphos VIP area have been moved closer together and will now only spawn on the west side of the pool.
- A Fish Flingers fisherman has arrived in the Menaphos VIP area.
- Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Rerolling a daily challenge will now only consume vis wax after confirming the reroll.
- Member skill challenges up to level 5 can now be progressed by free players.
- Other Changes
- The spider minions in the Araxxi fight will now die at the end of her death animation.
- The right-click options on Barrows brothers spawned by other players have been removed.
- The click radius on the Gravity Field in the Vorago boss fight has been increased.
- The Max Guild boss portal has been updated to show all options on one page.
- A 'Set arrival' option has been added to various bosses for the Max Guild boss portal.
- A 'Don't ask me again' option has been added when prompted about the 100k coin charge for re-tuning the Max Guild boss portal.
- The following items will now always show a lootbeam: Ghost hunter equipment, Ancient emblems, Perfect chitin, Camel journals, Magister journals, Adamant dragon journals and Attuned crystal seeds.
- Players are now prompted with a warning message when equipping a demonic skull and when crossing the Wilderness wall with one in their backpack.
- The Book of Death now works against Runite dragons.
- The boost and activate options on the action bar for equipped skill capes have been swapped around.
- Ninja Fixes
- Surge and Escape are now usable during the global cooldown period, similar to Bladed Dive outside of PvP areas.
- Quest requirements on the quest information screen in the quest journal will now link to the appropriate required quest when clicked on.
- The Holly Wreath headpiece has received a graphical update to give it more visual character.
- The maximise/minimise actionbar button has been returned to the original larger size.
- A 'Check Progress' option has been added to Menaphos soul obelisks.
- The Balloon Travel Map interface has been updated to bring it in line with other interfaces.
- The skill name has been added to Strange rocks and Golden rocks.
- The Varrock teleport will now teleport players slightly closer to the Staff shop (depending on Varrock task completion settings).
- The Lumbridge teleport will teleport players closer to the Combat Academy.
- A right-click option has been added to select the destination on various fairy rings throughout the game world without having to first visit Zanaris.
- Team Revamp: Focused on individual teams and individual pieces of content and the teams having the ability to showcase their work.
- Halloween Event: Miniquest, not grindy, old style event. Lore and puzzle themed with half the lore written by Jmods and the other half by players. Will poll about making it permanent content.
- Clue Scroll Rework: Clue scroll hub by grand exchange, settings pane for toggling certain clues, clue log, lots of QoL fixes. Have up to 5 clues of the same tier stored but only one active at a time.
- Mining and Smithing: Take a break while mining, lowers rate for AFK mining. The mining level affects how often you rest, Strength and Agility affects how fast you mine. Stackable ores and bars still at the experimental phase. As promised there will be 4 new tiers of ore with Rune lowered to T50. Smithing 1 item takes time to lower production rates. Also the finished products can now be handed in for XP. Upgrade weapons using Mining and Smithing resources; reinforced weapons will be tradable and efficient in terms of XP. All ore drops from PvM will be removed. Jagex stresses this is very early and there will be changes. 90 pages of notes exist about this update.
- Deep Sea Fishing: Interactive fishing event that was shown off at RuneFest. Better XP than Prifddinas waterfall; the waterfall will be slightly nerfed. Social fishing with personal fishing spots decided based on the bait the player uses to attract fish. "Improved" fish that heals more will be introduced.
- Evil Dave Quest: Mod Timbo's freetime project. The player will be Evil Dave: an adult with the mind of a child. Lots of RuneScape and movie references.
- New Poll System: 3 Independent polls at once. Each poll will have multiple questions and allow players to skip questions. The result will not be shown until after voting to avoid it affecting decision making and no change of opinion/alternatives after submitting. Will first be primarily used by the Ninja Team to prioritize results, but all Jagex teams encouraged to use the system. Coming Monday Oct 30.
Listener Questions and Discussions
Question from Trekkie
YO YO! Here's a question. We've finished the elf quest series, the desert, and the dwarves. Not including the dragonkin quest line, what new quest series should be introduced to explore the lands of runescape?
Maybe, we can follow-up on the imp catching quest and figure out what the wizard tower will do with the beads.
Or maybe, those beads are used to summon the tingamawhat.
Question from The RRMan
I’ll be entering the dod finals on the weekend. Lucky for me the time zones line up ok, but i do have to get up at 6am on Sunday. My question is easy, what are some final tips for the finalist. Have you heard any new ones over the week, and what are some of the key ones that should be reiterated? Cheers The RRman
- Ptv_spooky - 99 Thieving, October 26, 2017
- Ptv_spooky - 99 Dungeoneering, October 26, 2017
- Wolfeltopia - 99 Fishing, October 25, 2017
- Grim_rowper - 99 Smithing, October 25, 2017
- Grim_rowper - 99 Defence, October 25, 2017
- A_spookfarer - 99 Strength, October 23, 2017
- Kebabthief - 99 Invention, October 21, 2017
- Schnetts - 99 Mining, October 19, 2017
- Mskonnan10 - 99 Woodcutting, October 19, 2017
- Shane’s Pick: 1Line
- What have we been doing?
- Episode Title: Pacing and Leading
- Teaser: We run through the mammoth patch week, why Jagex’s monetisation and MTX statement is perfect, the reality of MTX, and a look at updates that are on the way from this week's live stream among other things including drop rates, the Kinect, and more!
- Recorded Date: October 27, 2017
- Release Date: October 27, 2017
- Hosts: Shane, Tyco Elf, and Pyrnassius
- Duration: 2:36:25
- Editing Notes: None