- Fantastic Beasts
- Level 104: Vinecrawlers best GP/hr. They use magic.
- Common drops ~5-25k (morchella, p. cactus, d stone, mud rune, etc.)
- Uncommon drops ~100k (water talismans)
- Very rare ~10m (Cinderbane Gloves)
- Level 106: Bulbous crawlers equal weight between GP and XP. They use ranged.
- Level 108: Moss Golems best XP/hr. They use Melee.
- Hybrid Cinderbane gloves (tier 85): A strength bonus on par with tier 70 and a passive poison effect. Can be combined to effectively create P+++ poison.
- Wisps of the Grove
- A weekly D&D where you must track down up to 5 different Wisps in The Lost Grove.
- At 99 Hunter and Farming I got roughly 17k XP in each skill. This is on par with a medium lamp.
- There's also a small chance to unlock 'Vinny' a follower pet.
- There are no skill requirements.
- A Divine-o-Matic vacuum with no charge no longer prevents players from receiving divine memories.
- The Divine-o-Matic now absorbs enriched memories produced by enriched springs.
- It is now possible to teleport to Zanaris directly from a portable fairy ring. This uses up a charge as usual.
- Portable fairy rings now consume a charge when entering an incorrect code that teleports within Zanaris.
- The promotion information section of Treasure Hunter now displays the cash-out value of the whole stack of items, instead of individually.
- The Exiled Kalphite Queen will no longer spawn multiple times inside a boss instance if the final hit is dealt by the Dark Magic aura.
- Non-Ironman accounts can no longer search and use the 'I am an Ironman btw' and 'I am a Hardcore Ironman btw' Quick Chat messages.
- Abilities and spells now correctly light up when they are available on the ability bar.
- Carrying cursed energy or memories will now prevent players from teleporting, and will now ignore the Wilderness level restrictions to allow anyone to attack them.
- A new dropdown menu has replaced the checkbox in the interface options for the Slayer Counter. Players can now choose the direction in which the slayer counter will expand when the skull icon is clicked, and players using Legacy interface mode can now turn the interface on and off.
- The Bank PIN interface to be more in line with the visual style of other interfaces.
- The total amount of currency held in the currency pouch, such as rare tokens, will now be displayed in the chat box when that currency is added to the pouch.
- The Twitch button has been removed from the Ribbon.
- Mod Ramen, Mod Pi, Mod Deg
- The Lost Grove
- Solak: talked about on RuneFest reveals episode.
- Solak is under development, play tests are ready to begin internally.
- Coming Soon: Stalker Creatures (from dungeoneering)
- Will be added to Zamorak's hideout
- Levels 71 and 99
- Drop hex hunter bow, tier 80 bow. Will become stronger against magic users.
- Weapon Type Diversity
- Bring back the uniqueness of crush, stab, slash accuracy.
- Left the system as dual wield mage, 2h mage, etc.
- What if: a dagger didn't proc GCD?
- What if: Javelins were good?
- What if: A debate were to come back of long swords vs. rapiers?
- Add more depth to weapons
- Better Gameplay for Styles
- All styles feel similar. Make each style feel distinct from each other, "ramp up" in terms of game play.
- "Ramp up" synergy between abilities. Done with Shattered Worlds abilities.
- Give a style something that's completely unique to that style.
- Added via rewards from new content. As the game is played, new styles and benefits are unlocked.
- 4 tick auto attacking. Make this interesting and support it in the game play. Won't be removed from the game.
- Revolution will perform thresholds and ultimates.
- Resize the revolution area.
- "Full manual is going to get really good"
- Revolution++ and Solak were TAPP projects.
- Shattered worlds (half joke/half prototype worked on in lunch time), anima rebalance went out, hear that players want more from shattered worlds.
- Not enough variety: more objectives, find X that's hidden in the level, or maybe kill this large monster.
- Add more abilities to measure yourself compared to your friends, highscores for measuring progress.
- Raids 2 is the biggest piece of combat unfinished business. Raid improvements are important too.
- Give a reason to do raids more often. Chance for more Achto or a new drop table.
- Group system is also an issue: pretty flunky, pretty hard to use, potentially moving to the friends' chat system.
- Adding an insane/gold version of the daredevil title.
- Lower group sizes below 10?
- Activities in between the boss (Jellyfish) is tedious and annoying. Maybe the jellyfish would give a rare drop itself.
- "Raids 2 is not dead"
- Be Your Own Slayer Master
- - Slayer masters will get together and invite you to be a Slayer Master
- - NPCs will come to you for Slayer tasks. They'll ask you about tactics and equipment. Based on how well you do you'll get some of their XP and loot.
- "The most badass demon we have in our lore"
- Injests other demons. Size could dwarf even a god, ruled over the infernal dimension and was overthrown, Zaros tricked him for all of his armies, and Zamorak led the rebellions against him. Has been banished in the abyss.
- Kill him from the inside out, breaking your way to the inside of his body.
- Will scale itself to any number of players. Solo or group.
- 3 difficulty levels: casual mode (for questers, kill count for reaper titles, master quest cape drops), normal (game play based, QBD level), hardcore mode (the most difficult NPC on release, if any JMods can kill it internally it will be made harder).
Listener Questions and Discussion
Question from Kirby
Whenever mini-games are brought up, the general consensus is that they're dead and useless. Over the years, the importance of mini-games has slowly diminished, despite Jagex's insistence of adding more mini-games on occasion. Castle Wars and Pest Control were the best of the best in their prime, but now are rarely ever played. In your opinion, why have players stopped focusing on the fun mini-games? What ways do you think Jagex could liven up mini-games so that people would want to play them more?
All the best,
If you want to send questions or discussion topics for Update you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter @rsbandb
- Day_dreamer - 99 Agility, September 25, 2017
- Ptv_suli - 99 Defence, September 25, 2017
- Kotahi_atua - 99 Farming, September 24, 2017
- Tora_te_hipi - 99 Farming, September 24, 2017
- Ras_eri - 99 Ranged, September 23, 2017
- Ptv_suli - 99 Herblore, September 23, 2017
- Questcaping - 99 Construction, September 23, 2017
- Katmak - 99 Woodcutting, September 23, 2017
- I_herblaw - 120 Dungeoneering, September 23, 2017
- Choto_3000 - 99 Fletching, September 22, 2017
- Diapolo_10 - 99 Invention, September 22, 2017
- Ozazoyo - 120 Dungeoneering, September 21, 2017
- Rowtatoes - 99 Farming, September 20, 2017
- Episode Title: Preparing The Lost Grove for Solak
- Teaser: Jagex releases the most graphically impressive area yet, The Lost Grove. The Lost Grove awaits Solak. Plus, we go through the RuneFest combat talk.
- Recorded Date: September 27, 2017
- Release Date: September 29, 2017
- Hosts: Shane, Dave, and Paul
- Duration: 1:42:42
- Editing Notes: None