- The following adjustments have been made to the Demon Slayer quest:
- The guidance in the Trial of Faith in the Silverlight crypt has been improved.
- Dying in either crypt is now considered a safe death.
- Auto-loot is no longer introduced during the quest.
- Skeletons and cultists during the quest no longer drop bones.
- Gideon Bede's combat level has been removed.
- The Friends List and Friends Chat dividers will once again remember their positions upon logging in.
- A coloured border has been added around the Dungeoneering map to help it stand out.
- The transparency has been lowered on the Dungeoneering map.
- The Dungeoneering map will now automatically update the player markers when teleporting to any gatestone or when home teleport is used.
- Plague jackets & trousers can now be stored in a Keepsake box.
- A junk refiner can now be used all in one, and will adjust to display how many components a player can receive based on charges and junk available.
- The Wilderness Sword 4 can now be reclaimed from Mr Ex in Edgeville for 100,000 coins.
- The Twitch tab on the Social interface has been removed when using the NXT client.
- The Menaphos VIP area has been added to the list of skill portal locations in the Max Guild area of Prifddinas.
- The Skeletal Horror can now be reset using Weekly D&D tokens.
- The Runemetrics telemetry display is no longer displayed by default when quick-loading a predefined interface layout.
- During the Ithell Voice of Seren, the clay rocks will not deplete.
- Free players can now ask Wizard Jalarast in the Wizards' Tower to make splitbark armour with the correct ingredients.
- Hollow bark, fine cloth, and snake skin/hide are now tradeable by free players.
- Splitbark armour is now equippable and tradeable by free players.
- Snakeskin armour, turoth boots and basilisk boots are now equippable by free players.
- Crossbows and bolts up to and including rune can now be equipped by free players (unless they are locked behind members content).
- A larger variety of combat abilities have been made available to use on free worlds.
- Free players may now use the price checker to check prices of members items.
Listener Questions and Discussion Topics
Question from Tyco
With the Double XP Weekend announced there will undoubtedly be many players that are going to work for either 99 or 120 slayer, as much work as it requires. In an earlier episode, you talked about how the personal slayer dungeons solves this problem. (1) But do you really think that this will prevent hotspots from being crowded? Also, if we look at it from a different perspective it resembles a lot like Gilded Altars in the way that it can only be accessible if you know the name of the owner. (2) Do you think that during occasions like this when slayer dungeons is highest in demand influences Socialscape in a positive way? And finally (3) If you had a personal slayer dungeon with creatures you knew was high in demand, how would you reach out to as many people as possible so they can use it? Remember, they can enter your dungeon even if you aren't inside.
Question from Sorensen57
What do you think of completionist requirements getting locked behind massive grind walls. Examples 12 hours of temple trekking. 10 hours of livid farm. 30 hours of menaphos fishing etc. Also will you or shan ever go for a comp cape / master quest cape for shane? Also Whats your Current Favourite Food?
If you want to send us questions or discussion topics visit update.rsbandb.com/ask, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632) or leave us a DM on Twitter @rsbandb
- Mskonnan10 - 99 Strength, August 17, 2017
- Ilikeslayer - 99 Smithing, August 17, 2017
- Punisher1288 - 99 Magic, August 17, 2017
- Rowtatoes - 99 Fishing, August 16, 2017
- Eve_shabba - 99 Slayer, August 15, 2017
- Ptv_suli - 99 Mining, August 15, 2017
- Magicking - 99 Smithing, August 15, 2017
- 82ndairborne - 200m Thieving XP, August 15, 2017
- Magicking - 99 Summoning, August 15, 2017
- Tosols_kewl - 120 Invention, August 14, 2017
- Eve_shabba - 99 Ranged, August 14, 2017
- Katmak - 99 Cooking, August 13, 2017
- Weezy_baby - 99 Fishing, August 13, 2017
- Firemana - 99 Prayer, August 13, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Cooking, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Farming, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Magic, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Firemaking, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Smithing, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Hunter, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Woodcutting, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Dungeoneering, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Construction, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Runecrafting, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Crafting, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Prayer, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Divination, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Thieving, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Attack, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Ranged, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Herblore, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Strength, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Fletching, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Mining, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Fishing, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Defence, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Agility, August 12, 2017
- Kexy - 99 Summoning, August 12, 2017
- Thieves - 120 Fishing, August 11, 2017
- Episode Title: Headset Expansions
- Teaser: A look at the new chatbox and how it will interact with RuneScape Mobile. Plus Chief Snake returns and we catch up on expansions vs. regular updates and clue scroll hidey holes. And a look at the social benefits of double xp weekend!
- Recorded Date: August 18, 2017
- Release Date: August 18, 2017
- Hosts: Shane, The RRMan, and Chief Snake
- Duration: 1:42:02
- Editing Notes: Movie snack robbery.