- Logging out will no longer remove the effects of a wilder pie.
- Members' items can no longer be purchased from the Runespan store on a free world.
- The Gemstone Armour set effect now works with three items equipped, and improve as you equip up to five pieces of armour.
- Gemstone dragons have had their combat experience increased.
- Players now pay for gemstone dragon kills and charge the gemstone armour with incomplete hydrix, instead of uncut hydrix.
- Gemstone dragon special attacks now hit a 3x3 area, down from a 5x5 area.
- Dreadnips can now be deployed and deal damage against hydrix dragons.
- Dragon slayer gloves now function correctly when killing gemstone dragons while on the relevant slayer assignment.
- Buffs and debuffs have been separated into two interface components. The buffs interface can display 18 icons, and the debuff interface can display 12 icons.
- Players can now filter which icons are displayed using 12 different filters, located in the "Gameplay settings" interface.
- The following buff/debuff icons have been added:
- Enhanced Excalibur cooldown
- Stun Immune cooldown
- Blood Essence cooldown
- Dreadnip timer
- Beastmaster's four stackable debuffs: Rage, Combust, Bitten, and Fatigued
- Yakamaru's drench stack counter
- Aftershock percentage tracker
- Devoted perk timer
- Enhanced Devoted perk timer
- Crackling perk cooldown
- Achto Armour cooldown
- Wise Perk tracker
- Sign/Portent of life & Defence skillcape perk cooldown
- Gorajian Mushroom active
- Gorajian Mushroom cooldown
- Clan Avatar player XP boost
- Clan Avatar world XP boost
- Portent of restoration cooldown
- Nex: AoD Rage stacks
- All Priffdinas thieving clan cooldowns
- All Arc islanders thieving cooldowns
- The following buff icons have been tweaked:
- The Revenge icon now has a duration on top of the stacks gained.
- Transfigure now displays the percentage of health you'll regain once it has finished charging.
- Added buff/debuff stack counters for combat skill boosts.
- Tweaked all buff icon text from orange to white for better readability.
- All of Yakamaru's current boss buff icons have been visually updated.
- Added a percentage tracker when charging up Detonate.
- Adamant and rune dragon bones have had their names and examines changed to Hardened dragon bones and Reinforced dragon bones respectively.
- The broadcast text for achieving virtual level 120 in a skill has been updated to mention level 120.
- A global broadcast for achieving virtual level 120 in all skills has been added.
- Attuned crystal seeds can now be equipped in the pocket slot.
- The Attuned crystal teleport seed now matches other attuned crystal graphics.
- World 48 now requires 2,600 total skill levels, up from 2,400.
- A crash that sometimes happened when a mass amount of players and locations overlapped has been fixed
- Launcher frame has been removed
- The client has been changed to deal with its own window, including save, restore of position, scrolling, access to launcher options
- The OSX and Linux clients have been changed to binary executables
- The ability to turn off terrain blending has been added
- The ability to turn off ground décor has been added
- RAM and video memory usage has been reduced
- Compression has been added to the disk cache, reducing its size from 12GB to 3-4GB. As a one-off, you are recommended to leave your client at the login screen for 30 mins to apply the compression without slowing down your gameplay.
- Performance of disk cache validation has been optimised (up to 7x faster)
- Performance of loading for non-SSD users has been optimised (up to 2x faster if fully defragged, more if not)
- A minimum width and height has been added to the NXT client
- Inconsistent normals have been fixed
- The Jagex logo has been updated
- April 12 Client Update
Question from Pyrnassius
My question this week pertains to Jagex themselves as a company. Do you think it is time for them to now split the 2 games of Runescape and Old School Runescape up? Is it time to make OSRS stand on its own two feet and for Jagex to stop siphoning money from the real game into supporting it? We have seen OSRS go from its original inception of a nostalgic game from 2007 and morph into a totally new game with its own team and updates. It originally had a team of 3-4 mods taken from the main game, but now has a team of around 12, and as we see on the new Jagex website, they are looking to hire additional staff for it.
Is it time to make OSRS self-sufficient? We could potentially see the membership prices split, with perhaps a 10-15% reduction for the players who solely want to play one version and have an option for an additional $2-$3 dollars a month for those that want both. It could also be included as an incentive for the Gold Premier Club that members have access to both. If the OSRS version were made to support itself and not rely on the money coming into the game from the MTX that the main game provides, do you think it would survive? Should their team be reduced to only what the game itself brings in? My own views are that if this were the case, the OSRS version would have far fewer updates and a much smaller team, given the overheads that are propped up by RS3. I know many OSRS players scream that they have more players at any given time, but one only has to visit the game to see they still have a severe bot problem. I would estimate that a good 25-30% of the players on the OSRS servers are bots and not legitimate players.
Given the record profits that Jagex made last financial year, should the re-investment of funds be made into the game that brings in the most, or used in promoting further advancements such as Chronicle and the One Piercing note venture they tried,rather than funnelled away into something that has split the community and simply adds to costs. I am not saying that OSRS should be made reduntant and buried, but that it should be made accountable for its costs and justify its development for the amount of resources it requires.
Thanks in advance for your the great podcast, and happy Runescaping!
Question from Tyco Elf
In this weeks update the size of the main action bar has been decreased to allow players to create a 'block' of action bars with no gaps. For something that has existed for 5 years now, this is something that affects many players in RS3 both in a positive and negative way depending on their interface management. Now my question is: From both a Developer's and a Player's perspective, where would the line go between leaving a piece of content as it is or replacing it with an improved version? What would make you want to replace something and when do you know to leave something as it is?
Question from Wiley
Hey guys Wiley here with the disclaimer that I am not crazy... Will you be taking part in the menaphos library competition and if so what will your entry be about? Mine was called The Camel and The Cabbage. Because you know, Akthanakos can't have Brassica convince him to hear Seren out and join her side in the Elder god quest line if there is no connection in game between them. Thanks for the show!
Competition link: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?42,43,319,65897435
- Also support for Windows Vista officially ended on April 11
- Ali_the_wise - 99 Prayer, April 11, 2017
- Dire_straits - 120 Fletching, April 11, 2017
- Fieldsofhope - 99 Firemaking, April 11, 2017
- Waroch - 99 Crafting, April 11, 2017
- Thaxy - 99 Crafting, April 11, 2017
- Fieldsofhope - 99 Cooking, April 11, 2017
- Siiyan - 99 Dungeoneering, April 11, 2017
- Dire_straits - 120 Divination, April 10, 2017
- Dire_straits - 120 Woodcutting, April 10, 2017
- Domthemexcan - 99 Firemaking, April 10, 2017
- Sirapyro - 99 Crafting, April 10, 2017
- Thaxy - 99 Smithing, April 10, 2017
- Mskonnan10 - 99 Magic, April 10, 2017
- Karen_angel - 99 Mining, April 9, 2017
- Giovanig - 99 Invention, April 9, 2017
- Tyco_elf - 120 Defence, April 8, 2017
- Toragrai - 99 Agility, April 8, 2017
- Kesky - 120 Invention, April 8, 2017
- Mister_jello - 99 Herblore, April 8, 2017
- Waroch - 99 Summoning, April 7, 2017
- A_lone_fall - 99 Runecrafting, April 7, 2017
- Thaxy - 99 Divination, April 7, 2017
- Simbakuro - 99 Defence, April 6, 2017
- Sirapyro - 99 Hunter, April 6, 2017
- Supertje - 99 Woodcutting, April 6, 2017
- Desmo360 - 99 Crafting, April 6, 2017
- Supertje - 99 Cooking, April 6, 2017
- Cireon’s Pick: Base 12
- What have we been doing?
- Episode Title: Taking Responsibility
- Teaser: Lore drops through holiday events? Our take on the buff bar and updated NXT client. A thorough review of the 15 Year RuneScape documentary and your questions and answers.
- Recorded Date: April 12, 2017
- Release Date: April 14, 2017
- Hosts: Shane and Cireon
- Duration: 2:35:06
- Editing Notes: None