Shane - Trekkie - Earth
2013 Year of The Player
- “2013 is about ensuring that your hard-earned legacy is respected – everything you've done and worked so hard to achieve will remain as amazing and relevant as it has ever been.”
- 2013 - What’s Coming and What’s Going: Better community involvement, cutting down on cheats, clarity on micro-payments (2012 went overboard), too many promotions,.
- 2013 - two months into a brand new combat system, a precursor for RuneScape 3. Have the kinks been ironed out?
- As players have we reaped the benefits of the year of the player?
Where Jagex Went Right in 2013
- Making the game grow up with the player base, EoC was the first step.
- Much needed TLC towards game mechanics (examples: charm sprites updated, D&D tracker, coinshare changes, bots are practically gone, bonds are here and of course farming)
- RuneScape 3
- Starting a new age with all new quest and events.
- Bot nuke.
- Dealing with Games of Chance
- The World Wakes
- Missing, Presumed Death
Where Jagex Went Wrong in 2013
- EoC is great but changes still need to be made with abilities and armour.
- Combat gear drop mechanics need to go the way of the dodo.
- Carry out proper betas in 2014.
- Lack of diverse combat gear.
- No recent update or news with HTML5
- Getting rid of prestige system.
- BIRTHRIGHT OF THE DWARVES
- The Nexus - More ALL level content
- Far and Wide: Transport Update
- The Battle of Lumbridge
Our stance on the state of the game leading into 2014
- Keep the game on this path, but reign in the amount of control players have. (i.e. the Prestige system did not need to die)
- Having a deeper understanding of our abilities.
- Actually finishing elven quest.
- Lore, lore, lore!
- Tweak EoC more - Make weapons/armor more clear
- Less Solomon’s Store and Squeal of Fortune junk, or at least compensate us for all of the bank space
Updates of 2013
God Statues - Construction D&D
Hati, Skoll, and Combat Updates
Demon Flash Mobs
Slayer Tower Revamp
War against Bots Continues
Combat Updates, Free Game Changes, and More Mobility
The World Wakes
Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities
Dealing with Games of Chance
RS3 Beta Program
Dungeoneering Dual Wielding and Charming Imp
Castle Wars: Revamped
Duel Arena: Go Forth and Duel
Charm Sprites: Catch them If You Can!
Instanced God Wars & EoC Updates
Your Feedback Implemented!
Far and Wide: Transport Update
Bringing Home the Bacon
The Battle of Lumbridge
The Death of Chivalry
Daemonheim Task Set
An Important Message from Mod MMG (Bonds)
Missing, Presumed Death
Well of Goodwill
Barrows - Rise of The Six
Your Community Features
Coinshare, World Map, and Tutorial
Harbingers of Tuska
The Bird and The Beast - World Event 2
15 Days of Christmas
Up to Snow Good
- Episode Title: A Year in Review
- Teaser: The hosts look at the good and bad of 2013 and where the game should go in 2014.
- Recorded Date: December 22, 2013
- Release Date: December 27, 2013
- Hosts: Shane, Trekkie, and Earth
- Duration: 1:07:08
- Editing Notes: None