- RuneScape combat has been largely the same since 2003 (RS2 launch).
- In mid 2012 it was announced that Jagex would be reworking the combat system and shortly thereafter launched a beta termed “The Evolution of Combat”
- The Evolution of Combat has been met with mixed reviews and the typical hyper-dramatic response from the RuneScape community.
- Refocus combat to be more about player skill
- Make it easier to access
- Give rangers and mages a fighting chance
- Fix relationship between Defence, life points, and damage output.
- Low players’ combat levels to truly represent their ability.
- An insane amount of customizability.
- Training speed increased.
- More strategy required to plan how you’re going to deal that massive blow, not just pressing a button and letting dragon claws do the work.
- More options for the future, adding abilities as quest rewards for example.
- No guest to talk about this with :(
- Special attacks being removed
- Combat level formula
- Can’t “1-click” monsters - Momentum.
- Too much like WoW (hayull naw)