- Overview (spoilers ahead)
- What’s up with the demon cats? - Delandra
- How does Pieces of Hate stand up to the other pirate quests?
- Is this truly the end? Or will the pirate quest resume later?
- Updated the skybox used in Beneath Cursed Tides.
- Receiving a sealed clue scroll from opening a lower tier casket now bypasses the 25 soft cap limit.
- Players can now earn charges on their Globetrotter outfit pieces regardless of having the items equipped, banked, or needing to be reclaimed from Zaida.
- Players can no longer use an item on another player in the Wilderness in order to prevent a form of luring.
- The mobile beta has cleared and been approved for iOS Test Flight.
- Lots of progress being made on where the game is headed on mobile.
- Interfaces for mobile are horrendous
- Action buttons to the left and right of the screen, allows for the firing off of abilities, food, quick prayers, etc. Would be done with key presses on the PC version.
- Mobile layout is toggled in much the same way that the legacy UI is toggled.
- Bugs are real: While testing the environment in Telos disappeared on stream causing Mod Shauny issues.
- One action bar on the left and right combined. 14 total slots, 7 per side.
- On the bottom will be the revolution++ action bar and is non-interactable.
- Ribbon rework that we have in-game now appears on the right hand side of the screen.
- Battery life: No optimizations in yet for this.
- Data use: Wifi recommended but after the cache is in place, data use should be minimal.
- Performance optimization phase has not begun yet.
- Gone through 100+ interfaces and bringing them up to current standards.
- The app itself is currently coming in at around 500kB. Current cache size sits at around 5.2GB, bringing it down further.
- Audio is streamable.
- Keyboard integration is a work in progress and currently covers many interfaces.
- Right click: Press and hold.
- Right click menus are being reworked.
- The RuneScape mobile app is not native, taking the NXT client and running it on the phone.
- Interface tour of changes (video: 39:30)
- Globes and combat mode can be disabled.
- Chat visible at the top
- Swipe across the bottom to change actionbars
- Razer has given Jagex a couple Razer phones for testing.
- Next up: Another play test coming soon (iPhone), tutorial for mobile, lobby, more interface changes, interface scaling, optimizations later.
- No release date as of yet
Listener Questions and Discussion Topics
Question from Wiley
Hello guys, Wiley's back. With the news about the t92 armor you discussed last week and the use of Torva armor with it, along with some vaguely similarly portable aspects from the mining and smithing rework beta, do you think we might be looking at not only a mining and smithing rework but also a surprise crafting/runecrafting/woodcutting/fletching rework? One that covers all three styles in somewhat copy and pasted formats?
Question from Borosouro
So, as you probably noticed, the Crassians seem to play a prominent role in Pieces of Hate. This is unusual, because the Crassians have only ever played a prominent role before in A Shadow Over Ashdale, which before now was an entirely stand-alone quest. My question is: what connections can we draw from this? Zogoth is obviously a beefed up version of Agoroth, but what is the precise relation between them? Are they long-lost cousins? Are they actually the same monster, and Agoroth became Zogoth after it was fed 'rum' by Rabid Jack?
Question from Wolffi
If the podcast crew today was a pirate crew, who would walk the plank first? I'd like each of you to name your sharkbait!
- Blue_hubbard - 99 Invention, March 20, 2018
- Vss - 99 Divination, March 19, 2018
- Zacmasta - 99 Strength, March 18, 2018
- Anextiamarus - 99 Slayer, March 17, 2018
- Thevyrewatch - 99 Invention, March 17, 2018
- Thevyrewatch - 99 Farming, March 16, 2018
- Thevyrewatch - 99 Runecrafting, March 16, 2018
- Episode Title: Waterboarding Wilson
- Teaser: It’s quest week once again and we summarize and analyze Pieces of Hate. As well as talk about what’s next for this line including Agoroth, Xau-Tak, and Demon Kittens. Plus a catch up on RS Mobile and what Facebook has been up to.
- Recorded Date: March 22, 2018
- Release Date: March 23, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, Earth, and Colton
- Duration: 2:21:55
- Editing Notes: Many