- Aura Bag
- Bakriminel Bolts
- Now Kiss
- Overview of bolts
- Compiler flags have been improved for Windows builds
- Hitmarks are now able to display different colours in the NXT client.
- RAM usage has been optimised for Grand Exchange searches.
- The memory footprint of the Location system was reduced by ~10MB.
- Interface system memory was cut down by ~15MB.
- Items no longer appear invisible in player inventories and banks.
- The cherry tree hotspot in a player-owned port now uses a cherry tree model instead of a maple tree.
- Some broken windows were fixed on the first floor of Lumbridge Castle.
- Some windows were adjusted in the Falador gem store.
- A height mapping issue which was causing a dip in the ground south of Yanille has been fixed.
- The roof above an upper level balcony in Lletya will now remove correctly when the 'remove roof' setting is toggled on.
- The roof in the Yanille Wizards' Guild tower will now remove correctly when the 'remove roof' setting is toggled on.
- The Giant Ent bonus to harvesting fruit trees now works correctly in combination with the Farming skillcape perk or a patch bomb.
- Splitting 5kg blocks of granite into 500g pieces now gives ten pieces instead of twelve pieces.
- Players can now buy each of the damaged god books from Jossik before completing prior books.
- Players can now use magic notepaper on the following items:
- Dragon plateskirt
- Dragon platelegs
- Dragon sq shield
- Dragon kiteshield
- Dragon full helm
- Dragon platebody
- The display of the overhead target information was rewritten in order to fix an issue with the background layer becoming transparent unintentionally. This rewrite also improves the responsiveness and accuracy of the health bar.
- A help button has been added to the World Map.
- The World Map opening tutorial is now only one page long, as the tutorial can now be repeated by using the help button on the map.
- The wilderness sword no longer prioritises itself over the Royal crossbow on death.
- Icons have now been added to the World Map for Goblin Raids and Demon Flash mobs in the style of the WildyWyrm. This feature can still be hidden using the Doomsayer toggle system.
- Dwarven multicannons now jam where they previously decayed. Players can repair the cannon in this state to reactivate it without needing to rebuild it. It will be destroyed as before if not repaired within 20 minutes.
- Feedback messages for the dwarven multicannon now appear as information boxes.
Listener Questions and Discussion
Question from Trekkie
With the new aura interface, if you were to create a new aura for the game what would it do? Would it have different tiers? Would it something useful like invincibility for the next 30 seconds, or something fun like, turn yourself into a rock?
Question from Pyrnassius
Hey guys, a discussion topic for you this week. With RS mobile on the horizon, Jagex looks to be still sticking with its plan to release OSRS before the flagship game, RS3. While I understand the graphics and conversion to mobile is simpler, I cannot fathom the reason for this decision. Surely, as a company, you would want your flagship product, the one that brings in the majority of your profits, to be the one focussed on. If not released first, at least done simultaneously so that it has the chance to thrive and bring those new players in and be able to convert then being profitable players. With the lack of MTX on OSRS, it just seems to be bad business. How do you feel about this? To be perfectly honest, in my opinion, it just seems that the CEO, Mod Pips, must have a real love for OSRS, which let's face it, is just a Jagex certified private server, over the actual main game. I have heard of several people who have come back upon hearing of mobile release and have signed up to OSRS simply because they know that is coming first. I don't think Jagex fully understands that to try and convert those players to RS3, where they will need to begin all over again, will be a difficult, if not impossible, task. Can't wait to hear your thoughts
As always, happy Scaping!
If you want to send in a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or leave us a DM on Twitter.
- Iidefend - 99 Fishing, January 24, 2018
- Katmak - 120 Invention, January 24, 2018
- Vss - 99 Smithing, January 23, 2018
- Arix - 99 Invention, January 22, 2018
- Zookeeper53 - 99 Mining, January 22, 2018
- Ali_the_wise - 99 Summoning, January 22, 2018
- Antivistic - 99 Firemaking, January 22, 2018
- Rah0rakhty - 120 Dungeoneering, January 22, 2018
- Ch00blet - 99 Fishing, January 21, 2018
- Arix - 99 Defence, January 21, 2018
- Row_of_snow - 99 Invention, January 21, 2018
- Desmo360 - 99 Fletching, January 20, 2018
- Waroch - 120 Dungeoneering, January 20, 2018
- Katmak - 99 Slayer, January 18, 2018
- Katmak - 99 Ranged, January 18, 2018
- Zookeeper53 - 99 Smithing, January 18, 2018
- Episode Title: Now Kiss
- Teaser: The Aura Bag arrives after much community input and we love it! Bakriminel bolts get a much needed update but it’s just the tip of what’s possible. Also frank discussions on 4-tick auto attacking and OSRS vs RS3 mobile launch strategies.
- Recorded Date: January 25, 2018
- Release Date: January 26, 2018
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Zant
- Duration: 2:12:54
- Editing Notes: Now kiss bolts @ 15:22