- Players can now change their Skybox/Filters in Dungeoneering, the Uncharted Isles and the Player-Owned House.
- Ironmen can now participate in Flash Powder Factory minigame, but cannot buy the XP rewards.
- Viking beer now counts towards the Open Bar achievement. Kegs still do not count.
- Inspecting a player's favourite achievement now works correctly.
- The following changes have been made to Living Wyverns:
- The radius of the fires warming effect has been increased from 1 tile to 2
- The fire is now 4 times more effective.
- The environment freezing effect now takes twice as long to build stacks.
- The wyverns' attack speed has been reduced.
- Players can now use the Sixth-Age circuit to teleport to the Memorial to Guthix.
- The bleed and darkness effect from the shadows on path 3 of Araxxor will now clear at the end of phase 2.
- Araxxor's spiders' spawn speed has been increased.
- Bank PIN protection has been added when attempting to destroy a completionist cape.
- A debuff icon has been added when being frozen by a skeletal wyvern.
- The Clan job title of 'Ancienter' has been replaced with 'Alternate Account'.
- A clan broadcast message can now be toggled that'll display the name of the Admin+ who disallows/allows Guests to enter or talk in the Clan Chat channel.
- Visiting a Clan Citadel for the first time each week will now send an Adventurer's log update.
- An Adventurer's Log update will now be triggered when capping at a Clan Citadel.
- Clicking the Quest tab in Legacy interface mode will now open the Quest child window instead of the larger parent window.
- The buy limit has been increased from 100 to 1000 for bronze to adamant weaponry and armour, allowing better synergy with Invention.
- Pies, cakes and pizzas will now stay in the same inventory slot while consumed instead of jumping to the first free slot at each stage of eating.
- Ferocious rings now have a loot beam value of 50,000.
- Players can now use bamboo and golden bamboo to fletch tortle traps at level 96 Fletching.
- Scrimshaws of lower charge can now be combined to fully restore charge. For example, combining two 3 hour superior scrimshaws will create one fully charged scrimshaw (4 hours) and one 2 hour scrimshaw.
- Degraded Goliath gloves can now be combined together to restore charge in a similar style to scrimshaws.
- Added support for FPS capping.
- By default your maximum FPS will now be set to 10 above your monitors refresh rate.
- By default your maximum FPS will now be set to 30 if RuneScape is not your focused window conserving power and GPU usage.
- Menaphos Amnesty: Osborne would probably not do it again.
- Quest replayability: Tough. It doesn’t seem worthwhile to make quests replayable. When the Vampire quest finale was being worked on and beta worlds were activated for replays, 8 people did that.
- Invention Batch 2: Still on course for next week (18th). 5 machines with 2 ranks each starting at level 60, 13 devices (including Spring cleaner, portable fairy ring), redone 120 emote, augmenters and junk refiners tradable, cog toggle, blue print bonus, level 11+ gear bonuses (reduced drain rate, increased proc chance), inspiration removal.
- Mining and Smithing Poll
- Osborne is fairly happy with how the poll went forward. Poll was done based off of the feedback on the survey. It was a surprise since high level content was ranked on the top of the survey.
- Questions regarding the big reward at the end of Smithing, how you’ll make money with it, and other huge questions will be polled in a survey type question.
- Bigger Mining and Smithing announcement coming at RuneFest
- Bank Rework: Resource allocation is still an issue with the bank rework. The bank rework is classed as a technological project. Mobile will happen before the bank rework.
- Poll System
- Initially the poll system was going fine for a week. It wasn’t really used properly after that and the use of it quickly fell away. Start using it again, use it the right way, poll when polls are needed, and ask the right questions.
- Poll system will be reworked.
- Outlining the best way to actually ask questions. Wanted to be more hands off to let the teams create their own polls. It’s been realized that there needs to be more of a process with creation of polls.
- 1. Open discussion on the forums detailing the aspect of development. Outline what is hopefully going to be achieved, propose a few ideas, then open it for discussion.
- 2. Gather community thoughts, ideas, and feedback and propose a solution in a dev blog format. The proposed poll text will be included. It will be made clear what happens if either side wins. This is the time when poll text can be adjusted.
- 3. Poll will go live and it will be published on the in-game system. Results will be monitored and, “if there’s any indication that unforeseen issues are corrupted the results, we’ll re-run it.”
- 4. A short dev blog style post will be made with the results and the next steps.
- Run offs, ranking updates, when the poll system is updated.
- Grand exchange booths in Varrock will be converted down to one.
- RuneFest RuneScape Reveals: Everything talked about is being worked on.
- Aura Bag: Work will resume once the poll system is reworked.
- Unfinished Business in the future: The goal in the future will be not to create more Unfinished Business but the aspect of Unfinished Business will be considered in new updates that are created. There’s unlikely to be a list of Unfinished Business.
- Quests: Saving this info for RuneFest
- Mining and Smithing size and cost: Larger than prifddinas batch 1 but not batch 2.
- Jagex does A/B testing with new types of tutorials with the general public.
- Dailyscape Reductions: It’s one of the next projects that’s about to begin development. Unlikely to be a quick project since it touches many areas. Affects a lot of D&D’s each will be different.
- Construction rework: TAPP, there are a couple Mods looking at possibilities.
- Mod Ryan has a seasonal high score suggestion topic: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=Fck8LtNVtSg/forums.ws?74,75,804,65948320
- Potential high score ideas:
- Clue scroll runs
- Certain XP in an hour on skill
- Farming routes
- Farming timers: Mod Easty looked into this, would have needed to re-write most of the Farming code. On its own if it were coupled with a Farming rework then it could have been done.
Listener Questions and Discussion Topics
Question from Tyco
Hi RSbandb! It took some time but fear not because F2P is now on its way to become a complete demo of the game! This because Jagex are expecting a lot of new players with the launch of RS on mobile and wants to give them the best treatment possible. The most annoying paywalls are going to be removed, the areas are expanded and even a whole skill is released for the free players. Now the question is: Do you really think that RS on mibile will bring in new players? Personally I don't think so. However, I strongly believe that we will see a massive increase playtime by current players and there are four reasons to that. Treasure Hunter, Dailies, AFK-on-the-go and (of course) the community.
As we all know, who doesn't log in every single day for a chance for that sweet 200M gp price that always seems out of our reach and yet so close. Who hasn't lived in pain over the UK gametime that always closes that TH-promotion before you wake up or manage to get home after work? And who hasn't dreamed of buying even more keys before the promotion ends? All of this will soon be reality.
Ah, the dailies. Those things that we always finish but always return, no matter how hard you try for them not to. They are just like The Force in Star Wars: Always around us and affects every single living organism in the entire universe. To please this force you must (literally) work hand and your hard work will be rewarded even if it is watching 332 yew logs burn in a bonfire in front of your eyes. Who hasn't been eager to invent a mechanical hand that clicks on 4 buttons on your keyboard every 65 seconds when you could watch Game of Thrones instead? Some have brought a custom gaming mouse for 200$ and solved it that way. But fear not, cause the 200$-saving solution will be here soon!
AFK. Soon to be executed as a thing of the past as the AFP (Away From Phone) will enter the scene and be crowned king. Who hasn't felt the wrath of staying "active" when fishing 50k fish of the docks of Menaphos? To quote my friend Luke: Skilling while taking a dump! #thedream. Who didn't wish that somebody else could woodcut those yew trees while somewhere else? Who couldn't resist to watch Youtube, Netflix, Anime or even the TV just behind the computer while the World Guardian demonstrates the true power of the crystal hatchet? Try to make that sound like a final boss fight, in the end even Dora the Explorer on TV will win.
Oh the community. Those things that never become satisfied no matter what you give them. Always screaming "balance this, rework that, don't steal our comp capes and don't forget to give us Sailing as a skill". But we love them. And they also love themselves so the feeling is mutual. We tried telling them this wasn't a dating site but did that work? Pffff, of course not! They love dating! So why would we keep the poor e-daters away from each other? You are right, we shouldn't. Better to do something about it. And the deadline will be in 2018. The mobile dating site on-the-go!
Thanks for all the amazing work and see you all at Runefest 2017.
Question from The RRMan
Hey Hey its the RRman
Last week you mentioned the "runecrafting story" and that someone should ask about it.
So Im asking, what is this story?
This is the question for another show :P
If you want to send us questions or discussion topics visit update.rsbandb.com/ask, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632) or leave us a DM on Twitter @rsbandb
- Touchpad_pro - 120 Divination, September 13, 2017
- Magicking - 99 Mining, September 11, 2017
- Quest_lore - 99 Magic, September 10, 2017
- Jamandy52 - 200m Fishing XP, September 9, 2017
- Desmo360 - 99 Hunter, September 9, 2017
- Kabru - 120 Slayer, September 9, 2017
- Eve_shabba - 99 Magic, September 8, 2017
- Choto_3000 - 99 Farming, September 7, 2017
- Pyrnassius - 120 Magic, September 7, 2017
- Episode Title: The Calm Before The Storm
- Teaser: A catch up on September’s Unfinished Business; our thoughts on Mining and Smithing, and the proposed changes to the poll system. Plus a discussion on the old days of Runecrafting!
- Recorded Date: September 14, 2017
- Release Date: September 15, 2017
- Hosts: Shane and Dave
- Duration: 1:48:50
- Editing Notes: None