- You can now use teleport and skill spells while wielding a ranged weapon, if you have the correct runes in your inventory.
- You now cannot unlock raid abilities until you have the corresponding level.
- You can now disassemble Superior void top and bottoms.
- The Oily Fishing Rod can now be redeemed from Gerrant during and post completion of Heroes' Quest.
- Four new override options have been added, magic off-hand and shield overrides for basic and illuminated god books. Complete one book or illumination to unlock the override. Completing all of the illuminating books will unlock their colours as recolour options, and completing all six books will unlock the ability to use other recolours (including prismatic dyes).
- Corrected the spelling of 'Dagganoth' to 'Dagannoth' in the Slayer codex.
- The toggle to Interface Options that disables shortcut keys closing windows is now enabled by default for new players.
- Free to Play Players can now receive and equip off hand drops from bosses within Dungeoneering.
- P2P off-hand equipment from bronze to rune that isn't otherwise locked behind membership (such as darts, throwing axes, claws, defenders and some low-level shields) can now be equipped in F2P.
- P2P mainhand claws, darts and throwing axes from bronze to rune can now be equipped in F2P.
- Steel studs can now be smithed by F2P.
- Livid Farm - Repair pouch spell has reduced it's rune cost to 1 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune from 2 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune.
- Livid Farm - Increased the XP rates across the various activities by 50%.
- Livid Farm: Bundled produce, logs and planks are now stackable in the player inventory.
- Livid Farm - Random events will now award the player Produce Points instead of runes upon completion.
- Araxxor's % for Wall Health, Burn and Acidity level will now always display on the progress bar.
- When finding an elite skilling outfit fragment it will now state how many you find.
- The North Ardougne Teleport Lunar Spell will now transport the player to the Ardougne farming patch north of the city.
- The South Falador Teleport Lunar Spell will now transport the player to the Falador farming patch south of the city.
- The Currency Pouch has been reworked to be more convenient to use and has increased the number of favourites available to the player.
- Updated the Tirannwn Quiver to add how many arrows your quiver contains after topping up/picking up arrows.
- Tool Leprechauns can now refund players 90% of the paid value for unused Compost and Super Compost.
- Tortleshell bowls can now be crafted in batched of 60 instead of 10.
- Fixed a crash when minimising on compatibility mode.
- Fixed incorrect water rendering on older GPUs or compatibility mode.
- Reduced RAM usage by approximately 90 MB.
- Reduced memory and CPU usage of UI system slightly.
- Fastest QBD
- Fastest Telos (200% ENR)
- Fastest Dungeon (Solo, Med, C6)
- Fastest Araxi
- Fastest New (Solo)
- Fastest Dungeon (Group, Large, C6)
- Looking to expand on these options.
- Will run for 8 weeks then cycle through each one.
- Dedicated unfinished business stream will be in September.
- With an unfinished business stream every month.
- On top of unfinished business is 3 new slayer mobs for > 100 Slayer. Similar to polypore mechanics, choose based on combat styles. Cute but deadly.
- Cute But Deadly
- Slayer Forest
- Ice dye poll: Trying to find out if players would enjoy the concept of an icyene dye. All options were not included on the poll because more options means a majority of players wouldn’t be voting for that option. The biggest reason is that in multi-option polls, the options that don’t win gain traction. i.e. Floor 61.
- Mod Osborne wants to train the community to say ‘No’ more often. If there’s something you don’t like, say no, post about it, let Jagex know.
- Players also seem to have an issue voting if they don’t know what the other options are, but if Jagex reveals other options those other options as said end up gaining traction as well.
- Goal: Get the dev blog out early, include the poll text, get the feedback early, and not need to change the poll text.
- Polls that have a substantial text change that will change the results will have the poll text changed. The poll text was changed with the ice dye.
- Next ninja projects: Slayer creatures, timed hiscores, boss drop log.
- Warriors guild, defenders, quests (i.e. Broken Home), Paterdomus, maybe even the Fletching skill.
- F2P should not feel like you’re hitting a hard brick wall.
- F2P feels like a demo but you should be able to continue to play as F2P.
- Some people may be stuck in F2P but Jagex wants people to keep playing in this case.
- Mining and Smithing: See dev blog.
- Luck of the dwarves will tell you what was dropped and hazelmere’s signet ring will tell you what was doubled.
- Invention Batch 2 releases in September.
- Achievements: Slight delay due to some critical bugs. Coming out “very soon” in the “next few weeks.”
- Skilling supply/pvm rebalance with supplies:
- Not looking to do this right now.
- Future drop tables won’t have nearly as many skilling supplies as there are now.
- Crystal skillchompas did it a little bit as did rune value improvements.
- Skilling diversity will be talked about at RuneFest.
- There is something in the works for Karamjan god content that was tied to some content back in 2013. Unsure if to release the content now or tie it to something larger.
- Not a permission rework, would be a massive project.
- Something clan related will likely come from a TAPP project.
- Next year’s theme will be revealed at RuneFest. Something that each update will hopefully touch. It will be a “mic drop event”
Listener Questions and Discussion Topics
Question from Trekkie
Greetings! it is I Trekkie. LEADER of Omicron Perci 8!
With the quality of life change to treasure trails coming into the game, what other quality of life changes would you like to happen with Treasure trail? If you cannot think of one, what quality of life changes would you make for another skill?
Question from Thieves
1. With Shattered Worlds getting the much needed anima boost,
- What other minigames would you like Jagex to update?
- What would you change about these minigames to make them more successful?
2. Menaphos reputation system is still universally loathed,
- Do you think it's worth Jagex's time to sort the reputation mess out?
- What rewards would you add to the reputation system to make it feel more worthwhile?
If you want to send us questions or discussion topics visit update.rsbandb.com/ask, call or text 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632) or leave us a DM on Twitter @rsbandb
- Panda_in_luv - 99 Constitution, August 24, 2017
- Comp_sci - 99 Invention, August 23, 2017
- Linkvi - 99 Fishing, August 22, 2017
- Mamamystic - 99 Strength, August 21, 2017
- Jessepinkman - 200m Divination XP, August 20, 2017
- Episode Title: The Jagex Plumbing Service
- Teaser: Another look at Shattered Worlds with its revamped anima rates, is it how it should have been? Polls are back and a talk through the Mining and Smithing developer blog. Finally, make yourself feel lucky with a look at the top 10 skill pet dry streaks.
- Recorded Date: August 25, 2017
- Release Date: August 25, 2017
- Hosts: Shane, The RRMan, and Tanis
- Duration: 2:18:42
- Editing Notes: None