- In Al Kharid Emir Ali Mirza requests you to be an envoy along with Grand Vizier Hassan to Menaphos to reopen trade.
- Osman gives information about Menaphos and states that you are not his spy.
- You and Hassan will then take a self piloted magic carpet to Menaphos.
- Once you enter the city you're greeted by Ambassador Jabari who brings you and Hassan to Grand Vizier Ehsan.
- As the negotiations begin the Jack of Spades appears and steals the tax ledge from Ehsan.
- You must then track the Jack of Spades around through Menaphos: Ports district -> Great pyramid -> Workers district -> Shifting tombs. Confront the Jack of Spades and we reveal that the Jack of Spades is Ozan!
- It's revealed that people have been looking for the Karid-ib and it's believed to be in Menaphos. He then gives you the stolen items.
- You return the stolen items and these each grant enough reputation to get started in the city.
- This district is headed up by Admiral Wadud.
- Contains a fishing shop, two fishing locations (catfish, desert sole, and beltfish), port portal, arc sailing ship, furnaces, anvils, and spinning wheels, charter crew members, and a ferry to pollnivneach and the sunken pyramid.
- Assistant Library Subotai - Gives the players the Menaphos Journal which allows for teleports after unlocked also unlocks the collectable Jewels of the Elid and Cats of Menaphos.
- Silk stall, gem trader, lamp stall, general store, fish trader, bread stall, and loyalty shop.
- Grand exchange and main bank
- Acadia trees
- VIP skilling area (tier 7 menaphos rep)
- Golden Palace
- Golden Library (sundial, Golden Path to Menaphos)
- Concentrated sandstone and clay
- Furnace, anvil, bonfire
- Plain and simple: Reputation is gained by skilling and turning in various artifacts in Menaphos.
- 4000 - Grand exchange
- 19,800 - Crocodile Tears Quest
- 66,000 - Shifting Tombs Feather and Gold Buff
- 99,000 - Our Man in the North quest
- 141,900 - Chance to save a Feather of Ma'at during Slayer and VIP skilling area
- 254,100 - 'Phite Club quest.
- District reputations:
- 2 (6,000) - Bank deposit box
- 3 (18,000) - Faction head
- 4 (36,000) - district teleport
- 5 (60,000) - Faction legs
- 6 (90,000) - Bank chest
- 7 (129,000) - Faction body
- 8 (177,000) - Skiling boost
- 9 (231,000) - of the [district] District Title
- 10 (300,000) - district magic carpet pet.
- Soul Obelisks
- If not for Soul Obelisks what should one focus on?
- A 5 minute dynamically generated skilling experience. Think of this as shattered worlds except for skilling and much shorter.
- Accessible from all parts of the city.
- Gives decent reputation
- 120 Slayer
- Sophanem Slayer Dungeon
- A feather of Ma'at is required to complete each kill
- Diango now keeps the Alchemist's Amulet if it's destroyed by the Player.
- Fixed an issue that was causing active lootshare to block Acheron mammoth's from performing special attacks.
- The Kharidian desert has been graphically updated.
- Sumona has a high chance of assigning the new Slayer monsters as a task.
- Camels, crocodiles, giant lizards, vultures, jackals, locusts and scarabs have been graphically updated.
- The damage cap on Tuska's Wrath has been increased to 15,000
- Protection Prayers at Dark Beasts now reduce damage by 50% instead of 95%
- A new graphical feature: Volumetric lighting have been added to the game. Make your way to Menaphos to check them out!
- A new graphical feature: Caustic water effects have been added to the game. Turn water details to “Ultra” to enable.
- Open Weekend | Starts 9th June, 12:00 UTC
Listener Questions and Discussion
Question from Thieves
What would you rather quiz! [Old vs. New]
a) Finish up all existing quest lines, such as the Penguins and Pirate quests -- OR -- Start an entirely different set of Quests (this includes the proposed Bottle Quests)
b) Update dead minigames like Vinesweeper and Soul Wars and give them 2017 XP rates -- OR -- Add in more minigames like Shattered Worlds.
c) Graphically update all content to match the rest of the game and make them relevant again -- OR -- Continue releasing new areas such as Menaphos and Prifddinas.
d) Update the Forums and the website usability -- OR -- Scrap the RSOF entirely and opt to use Twitter and Reddit exclusively.
e) Fix up existing skills like Construction and Invention -- OR -- Continue adding more Elite Skills such as Necromancy etc.
Update 677 - SoS: the State of Skills
Question from Choto
1) Menaphos, Menaphos, MENAPHOS!!!! At last, the golden city is there for us. At first, I thought it would be a horrible grind because of the insane amount of reputation we need to access quests. But then I said: Why do I need to complete everything new ASAP? Why not take the time to explore a wonderful city with a lot of content?
So first question is: do you like this update to be something that can actually take some time to complete, instead of completing it in less than 24 hours? cough invention cough
2) how many quests have you completed? Do you think they are great, like I do?
3) Will Menaphos be the new Priff?
4) Whats the best and the worst you've seen in Menaphos?
5) we've also seen the Slayer cap increased. I don't care about it that much, but many complained about how long it takes to get souls for your own dungeon. Have you tried getting any souls yet? Are you happy it actually takes some work to gather them all?
5) Finally: Hype lvl? (1-99)
Thanks and have a wonderful weekend
Question from Tyco Elf
Hi Rsbandb, this is Tyco elf. A couple of episodes ago Tanis mentioned how the Sigils of Shattered World would increase the motivation for bad behaviour regarding popular spots for slayers. With the release of Personal Slayer Dungeon where players can not only create their own dungeons but also visit others without their owners being inside, do you think this is a clever idea will eliminate the fight over crowded hotspots and increase the social interactions between players? Also, would the sigils of Shattered worlds have a place in the 120 Slayer update with this new information?
If you want to send questions in you can visit update.rsbandb.com/ask or you can reach us at 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632) to send us a text message or voice mail.
- Whiteey - 120 Slayer, June 7, 2017
- Maddhatter57 - 99 Slayer, June 7, 2017
- Faine - 99 Slayer, June 7, 2017
- Gardenchick - 120 Slayer, June 7, 2017
- Messy - 120 Slayer, June 7, 2017
- Senrab - 99 Crafting, June 6, 2017
- Grimy_tosols - 99 Crafting, June 6, 2017
- Grimy_tosols - 99 Woodcutting, June 5, 2017
- Isarap - 99 Invention, June 5, 2017
- Ilikeslayer - 99 Divination, June 4, 2017
- Senrab - 99 Runecrafting, June 4, 2017
- Ali_the_wise - 99 Slayer, June 4, 2017
- Seabreeze24 - 99 Slayer, June 2, 2017
- Shane12088 - 99 Fishing, June 2, 2017
- Grimy_tosols - 99 Runecrafting, June 2, 2017
- Tanis’ Pick: Tekken 7
- What have we been doing?
- Episode Title: A Whole New World
- Teaser: Menaphos arrives with many surprises along the way. We’ll have a breakdown on the city itself, the reputation system, 120 Slayer, and the Sunken Pyramid! It’s time to be your own Slayer master!
- Recorded Date: June 8, 2017
- Release Date: June 9, 2017
- Hosts: Shane, Tanis, Mr. Bistro, and Magicking
- Duration: 2:06:19
- Editing Notes: POTW