- Uri will not longer take more than one costume-skipping ticket.
- Intercept can no longer be cast on an enemy player in the Castle Wars or Soul Wars minigames.
- Halberds no longer require a Strength level to wield - only an Attack level.
- Choppable bamboo can now be found on Tuai Leit.
- Receiving 'Slice mushroom' contracts now requires 90 Farming as well as 86 Cooking.
- The Tuai Leit moai has been renamed to match other moai.
- Wobbegong oil and shiny tortle shell bowl transmutation now transmutes ten items at a time.
- Transmuting driftwood into sliced mushrooms now consumes 2 driftwood instead of 5 driftwood.
- Barrows bobbleheads now belong in the Pets interface. Access them from the Boss Pets filter on the Customisations interface.
- The demonic skull is now always lost on death when dying in PvP situations.
- Interfaces will no longer move slightly when logging in.
- It is now possible to view your opponent's backpack and worn items in the Duel challenge interface.
- Non-members can now access the Giant Mole, KBD and the Games Room via the Grouping System.
- A keybind slot is now available for familiar details.
- Player-owned house bookcases now have a 'search' option.
- The buy limit of tectonic energy, malevolent energy and sirenic scales on the Grand Exchange has been increased to 100, from 10.
- Dealing magic damage with the crackling perk now displays as ability damage, matching the other combat styles.
- Last design came as a surprise to people, should have been more collaborative
- Make sure the skills have a purpose. Secondly, re-arrange the tiers so they make sense.
- Fun and satisfying to level.
- Half of the problem was communication with the last design. Sounded more complicated than it was.
- Complicated at tier 90 because of the question if tier 90 smithing gear should be better than tier 90 combat gear. This will be addressed in another dev diary. Incredibly divisive.
- Should smithing be profitable? Choices: Like Divination where you have a choice or it can be less profitable at low levels and more so at higher levels.
- Goal: Pulling up non-combat training. Best source of ore should be the Mining skill.
- Surprisingly few people take ore from a monster encounter and skill with it.
- The skill will be designed with people in mind who are self-sufficient or ironmen.
- Mastery content: Not prestige or getting level 120, however, possibly getting better at specific types of Smithing or Mining.
- Purpose of training Smithing to 99: Some untradeable perk could be added like the Overload model or something that can generate GP.
- Community question: Which method do we prefer and what do we think of the design?
Question from Choto
Hello Shane and RSBandb group, Choto 3000 from Clan Quest here.
This week we saw the release of the event "Attack of the ombie sprouts".
I've been complaining about events for quite a while, in the way that now it's almost always just for the xp gains. Years ago, events were special moments for the community to play together and earn items and/or emotes.
I see this event like a incredible stupid way to gain some Herblore or Farming xp, with no story behind it, and no sense at all. It's just a Runescape parody to the game "Plants vs Zombies".
What do you think about it? Were past events better than they are now? And which was your favourite one?
Thanks and have a good weekend
Question from Trekkie
It is the beginning of the new calendar year. You are the CEO of jagex, and just received the report on how much profit you have made the past year.
As the CEO, where do you want to lead Jagex to for the next few years. Where would you like to in vision Jagex in 2020 under your leadership?
Do you create a new game, a new product, expand runescape?
Question from Wolffi
Are you going to join the short story competition? What is the spookiest NPC?
If you want to send us questions call 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), email email@example.com or leave us a DM on Twitter @rsbandb
- The RRMan - 99 Invention, October 15, 2016
- Episode Title: Smithing Mining Hairs
- Teaser: We get a glimpse into what the new Mining and Smithing rework is starting to look like. Also, Patch Notes and what we would do if we were CEO at Jagex.
- Recorded Date: October 20, 2016
- Release Date: October 21, 2016
- Hosts: Shane and Mr. Bistro
- Duration: 1:40:17
- Editing Notes: None