- Invention task system
- New Dwarven Devices
- Calorie Bomb
- Kinetic Cyclone
- Auto sanctifier
- Dungeoneering lock melter
- Sprinkler MK1
- B.A.N.K. Stander
- Monkey mind-control helmet
- Dungeoneering party simulator
- Electrified trap
- Oldak coil
- Players can no longer see their aquarium in the distance in a player-owned house in NXT.
- Rare items received as a drop in Loot Share and Group Share now send a player broadcast.
- The duration of the Barricade ability now scales according to the equipped shield's level.
- Farquie the cleaner has finally got round to tidying up the remnants of Gnomecopter tours. Local farmers have taken advantage of this by moving in more of their cows.
- Congratulations to Varrock's own Max, and Prifddinas's Elen Anterth who have reached a high enough level in Invention to wear their Max capes again!
- A total reward value has been added to the Miscellania Kingdom interface.
- A right-click option has been added to the coal bag while using the bank to directly empty its contents.
- The following changes have been made to holy water:
- Players can now create enchanted vials faster by using empty vials on the Book of Binding.
- Enchanting vials no longer drains Magic levels or prayer points.
- The Magic XP for enchanting has been lowered from from 5 to 1 to compensate for the above changes.
- Hollow reeds are no longer destroyed when used to siphon from the pure water pool.
- Adding pure water to enchanted vials to create Holy water now uses the Make-X system.
- Holy Water now carries the stats and equip requirements of a level 50 dart, but with a reduced damage and accuracy modifier vs demons.
- Support has been added for more parts of the overworld to be disguised better in NXT, by substituting in parts of the map where nothing is really there (to make it look like they are not floating in the middle of nowhere, e.g. the player-owned house aquarium).
- Water distortion formerly seen at the edges of foreground objects at certain camera angles has been fixed.
- Party hats now change colours when performing the Partyhat Firemaking animation.
Question from Undoer
I've got some questions/discussion topics for you this week. But first I just want to correct something you've been discussing, there was that YouTube video about using Treasure Hunter to max an account in the shortest time possible. The video you discussed was just one in the series, he spent $4,400 (20,000 Keys) in that weekend/promotion. In total he actually used 50,000 keys and spent a whopping $11,000 to basically Max his account in 2 days played time.
So my question/discussion topic is following the same "account worth" trend. I have been playing Runescape on and off for over ten years, like most of us these days. After logging into my Adventures Log the other day I found out I have 170 DAYS played (rounded up), that's an insane 4080 hours!! So that got my thinking, how much would that convert to if I was being paid for all that time instead. After researching the median hourly rates for Australia ($30.36), America ($19.75), and Canada ($26.47). I multiplied the hourly rates by my hours played... The results were disturbing to say the least, my account is worth; $123,868.80 Australian, $80,702.40 American, $107,997.60 Canadian "time-wise". Do you find this as disturbing as I do? How much are your accounts worth "time-wise"?
Also a tech question, I'm looking into getting a new mobile phone (on contract). Any suggestions? What do you guys have?
Thanks for the great Podcast,
Question from Mr Bistro
Reading through the new Dev blog for the eastern lands, what is your opinion on the closed economy idea? Personally I have mixed feelings about it but am happy for the most part. It's a new take on the ever growing item count in game and could easily be changed over to the main economy if it doesn't pan out.
Question from Magebit
If you had full creative power how would you implement prestige?
Magebit of Runescape Weekly
Question from Wiley
Wiley here, if you were to live in gilenor and had to choose a town or city to live in which would it be and why? Examples: Falador for its security, Micellania for their community lifestyle, or Port Sarium for their proximity to the cabbage patch.
Send us questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling or texting 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), or DM’ing @rsbandb on Twitter.
- Touchpad_pro - 120 Dungeoneering, May 15, 2016
- Elkennah - 99 Defence, May 14, 2016
- Addiv - 100 million Thieving XP, May 19, 2016
- Shane’s Pick: Peace
- What have we been doing?
- Episode Title: Subjugated Subservient Simians
- Teaser: Invention Tech Trees, the future of RuneLabs, our success with RuneLabs, and an interesting turn of events regarding Facebook and Google!
- Recorded Date: May 19, 2016
- Release Date: May 20, 2016
- Hosts: Shane and Dave
- Duration: 1:54:14
- Editing Notes: None