The Lead Up to RuneScape 2014
- 2013 and prior was a controversial year
- Old school was launched and the evolution of combat remained controversial
- 2013 saw the dawn of the 6th age. Zamorak was defeated. Armadyl and Bandos took up arms.
- 2014 begins with the death of Bandos as the result of Bird vs. Beast
- 2014 brought in a massive change early on but updates took a glacial pace
- We experienced doubt regarding the effectiveness of Power to the Players
- The year slowly gained momentum culminating with what has been the greatest year ever for RuneScape
The Elephant in The Room
Keystone Updates of 2014
- Plague’s End
- Fate of the Gods
Updates of 2014
- Combat Improvements (Revolution, Special Attacks, Legacy Mode, 138, etc.)
- One of a Kind
- Bank Presets and Drag & Drop
- The Mighty Fall
- Broken Home
- Master Skillcapes
- Player Owned Ports
- Drop Table Improvements
- A Shadow Over Ashdale
- Royal Rhinos and Charity
- Rune Value Improvements
- Character Name Cleanup
- PvP XP
- Dungeoneering Update
- Player Examine
Could Use Some Work…
- Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza
- The Turnaround of the Halloween Update
- The Grouping System
- Global Announcements
Lore Changes Abound
- Bandos is dead.
- We learned more and ultimately met the Dragonkin. They aren’t as bad as they seem.
- Zaros returned. Along with this we learnt more about his origins, Seren, and a sneak peak at the Elder Gods.
- Of course there were others interested in Zaros too such as Sliske. The future awaits.
- We dealt with the ramifications of the death of Bandos and ultimately got to decide the fate of Yelps.
- The longest running storyline in RuneScape came to a close. The Plague City storyline drew to a close with Plague’s End.
- Through Plague’s End and the release of Prifddinas we learnt more about the eight elven clans.
- We also got access to a huge treasure trove of lore pertaining to the god of the elves, Seren.
- Finally, we began down the path of uncovering just what the Elder Gods are and what their plans may ultimately be.
Merry Christmas to All and To All a Good Night!
- Episode Title: RuneScape Year in Review 2014
- Teaser: A busy year in RuneScape and we break down what was important, what worked, and what could use another look. All capped off with a very special Christmas message.
- Recorded Date: December 21, 2014
- Release Date: December 24, 2014
- Hosts: Shane and Trekkie
- Duration: 1:12:29
- Editing Notes: None